Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

Speedometer Ratio?

3K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  drodeo17 
#1 ·
Hello All,
I am currently looking for an aftermarket speedometer. I've tried to search on here for the correct drive ratio, but could not find a definitive answer. Just in case it makes a difference (with the ratios) I am looking at buying a mini tach.
Thanks

#3 ·
Hello All,
I am currently looking for an aftermarket speedometer. I've tried to search on here for the correct drive ratio, but could not find a definitive answer. Just in case it makes a difference (with the ratios) I am looking at buying a mini tach.
Thanks
Does anyone have a front wheel off their bike, and could count the number of teeth on the speedo pinion and wheel gears in the gearbox for drodeo17?

X2 to hyper. The tach sensor reads off the front coil and has nothing to do with the speedo drive gears.

#4 ·
As a matter of fact I do have the front wheel off my bike (forks at painters) I can go count now.

#5 ·
Scratch everything I just said. :doh:

#6 ·
Let me rephrase. I still do need the info Olhoss was talking about. I just can't get to my bike right now because I lost the keys to the room that I have it in.
Yep, It has been one of those days.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.