Rough idea on accessories pricing... - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Equipment
Everything related to equipment
Includes backrests, luggage racks, windshields,
floorboards, pegs, and riding gear

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-13-2009, 12:13 AM Thread Starter
Growling at the World...

Send a message via Yahoo to bulldog485
Rough idea on accessories pricing...

I'm looking at taking Black Betty back down from a touring bike and turning her back into a bar hopper (even though I don't bar hop). When I purchased the Nomad in 2005, BB got put in the garage and has only been ridden a few times. I just don't have the need for two touring bikes, so either I get rid of the 750 or change the function.

I have a gentleman in the Chicagoland area who is interested in the Bates hard saddlebags, but there are also parts on the bike that I will be removing. I'm looking to see what interest there is here and what would be considered a reasonable price. This is not a solicitation for a sale or a promise of merchandise, but rather a cast into the pond to see what interest there would be in these hard to find items. Pictures of the VN750 can be seen at www.bulldogsbike.com

So, if these items were for sale, what would they go for?
  • Kawasaki VN750 saddlebag supports with turn signal relocation / helmet lock relocation brackets.
  • Kawasaki F&S Touring fender and chrome guard.
  • Kawasaki VN750 floorboards.
  • Bates Hardbags from the 1970's. Great condition.

As I said, I'm looking for ideas on what these items currently go for as it has been years since I searched eBay or anywhere else for these hard to find VN750 items. I'm not sure that I'm even going to sell them but would like to see what interest there is in them.

Thanks again.

Evan Breyn ~ The Bulldog
http://www.bulldogsbike.com
2006 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic FLHTCUI ~ The Big Black Bitch ~ 26,000 miles.
2002 Kawasaki Nomad 1500 ~ The Red Dog ~ Traded in at 22,000 miles of smiles (purchased new 10/05 / Traded in 6/12).
1990 Kawasaki Vulcan 750 ~ Black Betty ~ 34,999.7 miles
VROC ~v~ 485
McHenry County Road Pirates
Chicagoland, IL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-13-2009, 08:14 AM
Sparky!!!

Garage
* Kawasaki VN750 saddlebag supports with turn signal relocation / helmet lock relocation brackets. these go for almost 200 new, on ebay they run about 70-100 depending on condition
* Kawasaki F&S Touring fender and chrome guard. the guard when new was 110 you could probably get even more than that now due to the fact there aren't any for sale
* Kawasaki VN750 floorboards. around 200
* Bates Hardbags from the 1970's. Great condition. 200-400 depending on condition
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-13-2009, 08:29 PM Thread Starter
Growling at the World...

Send a message via Yahoo to bulldog485
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimvulcanrider View Post
* Kawasaki VN750 saddlebag supports with turn signal relocation / helmet lock relocation brackets. these go for almost 200 new, on ebay they run about 70-100 depending on condition
* Kawasaki F&S Touring fender and chrome guard. the guard when new was 110 you could probably get even more than that now due to the fact there aren't any for sale
* Kawasaki VN750 floorboards. around 200
* Bates Hardbags from the 1970's. Great condition. 200-400 depending on condition
That is what I was thinking. The bates bags are in ok shape, probably considered pretty good shape considering the age. I pulled the bike out last night and looked at it and really don't want to remove the F&S saddlebag mount / signal relo kit from them, so I might make my Chicago friend an offer on the set to save me from having to sell them elsewhere and ship them. Really don't want to package and ship these bags.

The touring fender and chrome guard will probably go for around $200 as a set as they are impossible to find and in great shape. I had the fender in my attic for years until I found a guard in Florida, which I paid a pretty penny for. Stupid Kaw shop in St Pete didn't want to deal on it even though it was covered in dust and had been hanging on the wall for 10 years. Guess that they saw me walking in and figured that the would get the sale - they did.

The floorboards might just stay on the bike as they really are the most comfortable boards in the world for the VN750. Besides, I gave away my OEM right peg mount to Pick years ago to fix an issue he had.

Evan Breyn ~ The Bulldog
http://www.bulldogsbike.com
2006 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic FLHTCUI ~ The Big Black Bitch ~ 26,000 miles.
2002 Kawasaki Nomad 1500 ~ The Red Dog ~ Traded in at 22,000 miles of smiles (purchased new 10/05 / Traded in 6/12).
1990 Kawasaki Vulcan 750 ~ Black Betty ~ 34,999.7 miles
VROC ~v~ 485
McHenry County Road Pirates
Chicagoland, IL

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-14-2009, 05:25 AM
Sparky!!!

Garage
you sound spot on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement