Bike Lift? - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Equipment
Everything related to equipment
Includes backrests, luggage racks, windshields,
floorboards, pegs, and riding gear

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-05-2009, 11:12 PM Thread Starter

Bike Lift?

Not sure if this is the right place, but here goes.

Does anybody know anything, good or bad, about these bike lifts? lifts-and-stands.com

My uncle has been looking for a good lift/table and has found these that he likes. He is at Sturgus and he can buy it cheaper if he orders it there. I do not know the particulars on cost. He would need the "Big Blue" as he has a GL1800 and a couple 1100 V-Stars and his son in law has a 1800 Shadow.

He called me with the website and it looks pretty nice, so I thought I would check to see what anybody knows about them while he is still there.

Brad
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-06-2009, 10:37 AM
Undercover Sportbiker

Dude - that's freaking insane. I mean it looks good and all, but I didn't see anywhere that you could attach a tie down or ratchet strap. You couldn't pay me enough (well maybe you could) to work around a bike on that. Seems like a good price but I have my concerns.

post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-06-2009, 10:44 AM Thread Starter

Since I have not seen the lift in person, I do not know for sure, but I think you could strap a bike down to it pretty easy. You can buy supports that are supposed to fit different bikes better and at least one support they show uses U-bolts to go around pegs to stablize the bike.

My uncle told me they had a full dress harley siting on the stand at Sturgis and when he asked about how steady it was the guy told him to give it a good shake and it seemed to have no problems.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-06-2009, 02:07 PM

For anyone else following the thread:

http://www.lifts-and-stands.com/

"And there is never any need to use straps; the motorcycles are secure on the lift as is!"

I find it hard to believe that if I have the rear end torn down and then start monkeying around with the front end (or vice versa) that something bad isn't going to happen.

Last edited by hammmy; 08-06-2009 at 02:16 PM.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-06-2009, 02:33 PM Thread Starter

lets try this for the last time.

If, my uncle gets this lift, there is no way in the world either of us would put a bike on it without straping it down. No matter what the manufacturer say.

Hammmy, thanks for posting the link. I did not have enough posts to do that. OOOO, now I do.

Brad
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-06-2009, 03:59 PM
Undercover Sportbiker

Good call! I'm just going by the pictures, so don't take it wrong. Of course, I'm semi-spoiled cause I have a full MC lift table in my garage. If you or your uncle have seen it in action with a full sized bike on it and it seems good then go for it.

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-06-2009, 04:04 PM

How much is the Big Blue going for?
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-06-2009, 05:31 PM Thread Starter

If I remember right, my uncle said in the $500 range. Now I can not say for sure this is for Big Blue, or Big Red, since he is 1,100 miles away at Sturgis having fun, while I am stuck here working. I do not remember if that was the Sturgis price or the price next week.

Personally, I think it is a little steep, but he is the one buying it, I just get to use it.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-07-2009, 12:54 AM

That does sound pricey for what it seems to be (at least to me)--a jack that uses a screw--but if you get to use it on his dime, you can't beat that deal =).
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-07-2009, 05:57 AM
Headbanger/Popes of Hell

I really like the "Pittbull" motorcycle lift myself. less than $500 too! check them out....

www.pitbullmotorcyclelifts.com

no drills needed. and I didn't see anyone sitting and/or standing on the the "Big Blue" lifts. also with the "Pitbull" there are tie down rings on it. so if you wanted to, you could tie the bike down to the lift too!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement