Saddlebag measurements & vendor question - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Equipment
Everything related to equipment
Includes backrests, luggage racks, windshields,
floorboards, pegs, and riding gear

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-09-2009, 12:28 PM Thread Starter
1992 Vulcan 750

Send a message via AIM to AGStrange
Saddlebag measurements & vendor question

Has anyone purchased saddlebags through LeatherUp.com at http://www.leatherup.com/? If so, what's your impression of the quality of their products? What was your experience with the company?

Their Web site doesn't list out saddlebags for particular motorcycles. Rather, they tell you to provide the measurements you need and they'll help you match the right bags depending on the size needed. Does anyone know what the "standard" size would be for the VN750?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-09-2009, 12:41 PM
Linkmeister Supreme

Here is a link to a thread with pics of Mutazu hardbags being mounted on a vn750. You can get an idea of what size you want from this, I think.
https://www.vn750.com/forum/showthrea...azu+saddlebags

Here is the Mutazu website. http://www.mutazu.com/products.php?c...=10&s=prod.php
the GA series is an inch thicher than the LN series, but both are about 17" long and 12" high

Gordon

1991 VN 750 -"Cosmic Lady" or "Bad Girl"?
Purchased May 16, 2008
Approx.19,300km (12,000 miles)

H-D windshield
Relocated R/R
MF-AGM battery
Fiamm Freeway Blaster horns
F&S luggage rack and engine guard
Kury Offset Hiway pegs
July 13, 2016, Riding on the DARKSIDE now, Classic Radial 165/80-15

TOP TEN THINGS A NEW RIDER/OWNER SHOULD DO. Click on link.
https://www.vn750.com/forum/11-vn750-general-discussion/9127-top-ten-items-you-would-suggest-new-owner-do-his-new-ride.html

Last edited by OlHossCanada; 06-09-2009 at 12:54 PM.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-09-2009, 12:48 PM
Members who have donated towards server costs

I bought a set of bags from leatherup.com.

They are a vinyl/poly/synthetic leather type. Cheap, but they seem to work fine once I got them set correctly and straight. Click here to see what I bought and the size they are

They need to be set on the shortest adjustment setting so that they dont hang too low. (do this in warmer weather....) I also got a set of tail light relocation bars, as well as the luggage guards for the wheels. $150 total I think is all I paid for the set up.

Not true leather, but then I am after function more then form. It works for what I need it to. Its more of a working mans/Daily Driver bike then anything else.

I have, so far, had good luck with them and their products, even returns/exchanges (if you buy a jacket from the get at least ONE size larger....).

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-10-2009, 10:59 PM
Old Fart

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGStrange View Post
Their Web site doesn't list out saddlebags for particular motorcycles. Rather, they tell you to provide the measurements you need and they'll help you match the right bags depending on the size needed. Does anyone know what the "standard" size would be for the VN750?
I don't think there is a such thing as a "standard" size for our bike. Most pick what size they think they will need and go with that. If you plan on a long trip and need alot of storage, you'd pick a large bag. If you mostly ride around town and just need something to carry raingear and some tools, go for a smaller set.

After all , it is just "luggage" and size is based on need. My thinking here is if you are going to put bags on the bike, pick out the biggest ones you can. Better to have too much space than not enough. Most of the larger ones will require you to relocate the rear turnsignals.

As there are many companies that make bags and there are countless styles, I do not think any one size could ever be considered "standard" for any bike.

I actualy like the nylon ones myself:
http://tinyurl.com/l2teu2

They are inexpensive, strong and available in different sizes...so you can buy a small set and a large set for what a leather pair would cost.

KM

If You Are Not Sure If I Am Joking or Not....I AM !!Photos:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/knifemaker1954/sets/
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-11-2009, 08:37 AM
CWO3 Navy (Retired)

Leadfoot, where did you get the relocation bars? I'm looking for a set.

Thanks

The Flag on my bike honors those who serve our Country and those who have served!
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-11-2009, 10:04 PM

Garage
I have had very good experieces dealing with leatherup,But I found a larger bag with abs reinforcement at Viking bag,They are arather large bag for the Vn ,but it seemed I never had enough storage even on short trips with the tourmaster nylon throw overs,they are good bags and have alot of nice features but I kept overloading them and caused the attachment zipper to break loose and almost lost one,not the bags fault,but mine. I will put the new zipper in I bought and hang on to them,I bought bags that came with mounting hardware and supports for 149.00 shipping included.Check them out at vikingbag.com ...and be sure to look for the ones that are on sale

If you see it on my bike I did it
VROC#30324
92 vn750(sold)
Current ride 05 1500 Classic FI
lovin' the new scoot

Quote:
"When all is said and done,usually more is said than done" UNK
Click on one x and drag to the other to read between them.

Psalm 40:1...
XI waited patiently for the Lord; and he turned unto me, and heard my cry. X
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-11-2009, 10:11 PM Thread Starter
1992 Vulcan 750

Send a message via AIM to AGStrange
Thanks, everyone!
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-17-2009, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffhusn View Post
Leadfoot, where did you get the relocation bars? I'm looking for a set.

Thanks

Ebay. Thats the only place I've seen them.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-17-2009, 11:08 AM
Newb with a Bullet!

Been looking for a place to post this. Saw this on the way to my truck the other day and snapped a pic w/ my phone.

For all you folks who like hard luggage and using non-standard items on your bikes. You can't get more hardcore than this cat (pun intended)-

Sponsored Links
Advertisement