Equipment
Everything related to equipment
Includes backrests, luggage racks, windshields,
floorboards, pegs, and riding gear

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-29-2009, 12:10 AM Thread Starter
Rev. Dr.

Question Easy/Ghost Brackets

Does anyone know of a product similar to the Ghost or Easy Brackets for quick-release saddlebag mounting? Neither of them list the 750 as a supported fitment, but they both list nearly every other vulcan ever made.

Also, I found saddlemen bags that come with quick-disconnect hardware:

http://www.westendmotorsports.com/saddlemen-rigidmount-specificfit-quickdisconnect-saddlebagsbrfor-vulcan-9906brdrifter-p-16176.html

but it's specifically listed for VN750 1999 and up. Mine is a 1997. Anyone know what the difference is, or why these won't work?

I really dislike the bags that came with my bike, mostly because I think the yoke setup is super cheesy. Would rather have some mounted bags on each side, but it's proving to be a lot more difficult than it should be. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-29-2009, 12:12 AM
The Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxick View Post
Does anyone know of a product similar to the Ghost or Easy Brackets for quick-release saddlebag mounting? Neither of them list the 750 as a supported fitment, but they both list nearly every other vulcan ever made.

http://www.westendmotorsports.com/sa...r-p-16176.html

but it's specifically listed for VN750 1999 and up. Mine is a 1997. Anyone know what the difference is, or why these won't work?

I really dislike the bags that came with my bike, mostly because I think the yoke setup is super cheesy. Would rather have some mounted bags on each side, but it's proving to be a lot more difficult than it should be. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

thanks
It will fit 85'-06' there all the same.

85 VN700 "Old Yella"

REBUILT ENGINE
CUSTOM PAINT
VANCE & HINES CRUZERS
EAR SHAVED AND RE-JETTED W/K&N'S
DUNLOP ELITE K591 FRONT & REAR
VOLTMETER
SYNTHETIC BRAKE FLUID
SYNTHETIC OIL & GEAR LUBE
PLEXISTAR 2 WINDSHIELD
SPLINES LUBED
ACCT'S GREASED W/TOC SPRINGS
COASTERD
LEATHER SADDLE BAGS
LEATHER TOOL AND ROLL BAG
PICKUP COILS GAPPED AT .018"
NGK CAP, WIRES, IRIDUMS
BARNETT FRICTION PLATES & SPRINGS
CUSTOM GRIPS, MIRRORS, LEVERS
ORIGINAL STATOR & R/R 14.5v
DEKA MF AGM ETX15L

Best Auto/Moto Insurance | Motorcycle Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-29-2009, 01:20 AM
Linkmeister Supreme

Welcome to the Vulcan forum toxick. Are you a new rider, or just new to the vn750.

Gordon

1991 VN 750 -"Cosmic Lady" or "Bad Girl"?
Purchased May 16, 2008
Approx.19,300km (12,000 miles)

H-D windshield
Relocated R/R
MF-AGM battery
Fiamm Freeway Blaster horns
F&S luggage rack and engine guard
Kury Offset Hiway pegs
July 13, 2016, Riding on the DARKSIDE now, Classic Radial 165/80-15

TOP TEN THINGS A NEW RIDER/OWNER SHOULD DO. Click on link.
https://www.vn750.com/forum/11-vn750-general-discussion/9127-top-ten-items-you-would-suggest-new-owner-do-his-new-ride.html

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-29-2009, 09:29 AM
Newb with a Bullet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lance328 View Post
It will fit 85'-06' there all the same.
Only thing I would worry about- I went to that link and below "Vulcan 750 '99-'06" it says "Drifter".

Now I'm not an expert on the different models of Vulcan but the one called the Drifter was not as far as I know our VN750. Googling "Kawasaki Vulcan Drifter" pulls hits talking about an 800 and a 1500. No 750. Here's the "History of the Drifter". http://www.vulcandrifterriders.com/historyp2.html

So bottom line- make sure the "750" was not a typo. They may have meant the 800 Drifter.

Our bikes are older and there isn't a ton of aftermarket stuff still available for them. I have found many times it was a typo or an old item no longer available still on a website, etc. You really need to investigate before you buy. And sadly if it seems too good to be true, it usually is.

So let us know what you find out!
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-29-2009, 09:31 AM
Newb with a Bullet!

Quote:
I really dislike the bags that came with my bike, mostly because I think the yoke setup is super cheesy.
PS- I LOVE the yoke setup because I grew up on farms and ranches and rode horses and it reminds me where they came from and that they ARE saddle bags. You want attached luggage. Which personally I think is super cheesy!!
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-29-2009, 10:20 AM

Quote:

http://www.westendmotorsports.com/sa...r-p-16176.html

thanks
i did not like the sloppy fit of the throw overs. i cut the yoke off and hard mounted mine. there some posts around about this. oh, i relocated the blinkers to allow bigger bags & get them where i wanted them.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00775.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	94.9 KB
ID:	1817  
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-29-2009, 10:23 AM Thread Starter
Rev. Dr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlHossCanada View Post
Welcome to the Vulcan forum toxick. Are you a new rider, or just new to the vn750.
Thanks. I've been lurking for about a year. Signed up last June (I think) after I bought my 750. First bike I owned. Then I bought an '02 Mean Streak 1500 in August and, I'm sorry to say, have been neglecting my 750 since then. I couldn't help it. The meanie is like a drug. Especially with those soothing cobra pipes on it

I've been riding it more lately since the meanie is in the shop, and it's reminded me of how truly awesome this bike is and how much fun it is to ride. I'm looking at dumping some money into customizing it...first, decent bags. Second, Jardine controls (like I have on the meanie - LOVE THEM, and since I'm so damn tall, NEED them). Then...I dunno, LED replacements, 120db horn, exhaust, paint...you know, the basics.

Used to be I couldn't change my oil without f'ing it up, but I'm getting pretty comfortable doing work on my bikes now, due in no small part to this, and other forums like it...and, no, that's not why the meanie is in the shop

Cheers!
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-29-2009, 10:26 AM Thread Starter
Rev. Dr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krebsne View Post
Only thing I would worry about- I went to that link and below "Vulcan 750 '99-'06" it says "Drifter".
I believe the "Drifter" term refers to the style of bags, not the bike. Saddlemen Desperado has studs, Saddlemen Drifter does not.

Quote:
You want attached luggage. Which personally I think is super cheesy!!
Touche! To each his own, right?

By the way - All-the-way-across-nebraska-high-five! My parents live in Omaha. I still make it back there every couple of months.

Last edited by toxick; 05-29-2009 at 10:29 AM.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-29-2009, 10:47 AM
Newb with a Bullet!

Quote:
I believe the "Drifter" term refers to the style of bags, not the bike. Saddlemen Desperado has studs, Saddlemen Drifter does not.
Cool if so. But I would still check. I've been hosed a time or two. I'd also check their return policy just in case. Although as handy as you (and we!) are getting in reality ANYTHING can work if you have the tools and the knowledge to make it work. Worst case scenario is fabricating some kind of bracket!

Quote:
Touche! To each his own, right?

By the way - All-the-way-across-nebraska-high-five! My parents live in Omaha. I still make it back there every couple of months.
Of course. I am more into the Bobber aesthetic, so I'm all about getting stuff OFF if it's not needed. The dresser bikes and such look so clunky and inelegant to me. Hard bags just scream "extra weight" in my mind. 90% of my riding is to and from work, and around town. I want that baby small, light and FAST.

Let me know when you make it down here and we can hang out, show you my shop, whatever. Do you ever ride one of your Vulcans this far?
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-29-2009, 11:29 AM Thread Starter
Rev. Dr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krebsne
Cool if so. But I would still check. I've been hosed a time or two. I'd also check their return policy just in case. Although as handy as you (and we!) are getting in reality ANYTHING can work if you have the tools and the knowledge to make it work. Worst case scenario is fabricating some kind of bracket!
Yup, I figure if I get bags I like I can eventually make them work.

Quote:
Of course. I am more into the Bobber aesthetic, so I'm all about getting stuff OFF if it's not needed. The dresser bikes and such look so clunky and inelegant to me. Hard bags just scream "extra weight" in my mind. 90% of my riding is to and from work, and around town. I want that baby small, light and FAST.
Oh, I am definitely with you on that one. That's why I'm looking for quick-disconnect type mounts so I can just remove them when I'm not going to be hauling a load around...

My meanie doesn't have bags at all. It's too damn pretty for bags (see pic below)

Quote:
Let me know when you make it down here and we can hang out, show you my shop, whatever. Do you ever ride one of your Vulcans this far?
Hell yeah I ride my Vulcans that far They have each been to Omaha at least once. I gotta say I do like being out on the western end of the state, though, since I'm so close to Colorado --- and the Rockies. Good roads on them there mountains

Sponsored Links
Advertisement