Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

Front Master Brake Cyl.

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  DACataldo 
#1 ·
Does anyone know of cheap sites or places to get the complete front master brake cylinder for a 1992 VN750? I found original replacement and it was 380 too much. Or does anyone know how and cost of rebuilding the whole thing yourself
Thanks everyone

#2 ·
Hi. In theory you could use any master cylinder made for a 7/8 bar motorcycle.
(You’d have to buy the lever that goes with it too)

Otherwise look on eBay. I think the 92 MC is different than the newer models and that’s usually the problem. You can buy s newer one, and as mentioned you’ll need the lever that goes with it.

#3 ·
the way to determine interchange between the different model years of vn700/750's, is the shape of the unit. the early years were rectangular, later years round. they are all interchangable with each other, with the exception of the handle, if you have a round one, you need the round ones's handle, and if its rectangular, you need the handle from that one.

#4 ·
I was getting new master cylinders with lever on ebay for $20, universal type, as long the banjo bolt for the brake line fits, and the bar size is right, they work.

Rebuild kits for the VN750 master are about $22, ebay.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.