Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

DIY barrel bag??

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  VN750Rider/Jerry 
#1 ·
Anybody ever made one of these?? After a couple rides strapping things to the back seat it seems something like this could be pretty easy to make and greatly improve the long ride comfort on the Vulcan. I can’t tell which one this is but found the pic on this site: https://www.bikersfriend.com/

It’s either 11 or 13” diameter.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
#3 ·
I've considered getting one, mainly for the backrest pad. Have seen better prices on Kuryakyn and Saddlemen at ebay.

So far, my best backrest was a soft sided cooler with towels stuffed in the side zipper pouch. Similar to this one:

#4 ·
That’s a great idea! I might give that a try if the weather holds out for Saturday.

#5 ·
I have an oem Kawasaki accessory backrest and luggage rack. I also have the oem Kawasaki accessory hard leather saddlebag mount/turn signal relocator brackets, and Kawasaki hard leather bags (almost $1000 right there, back in '02)I use a T bag on the luggage rack/backrest, the saddlebags, and a Cortech 14L tank bag. If I'm going very far, I strap a rolled up sleeping bag to the back of the seat to lean back against. I can no longer sleep on the ground, so the sleeping bag is just for a backrest. If I were taking a long trip, one of those barrel bags would provide more storage and still function as a backrest.

Reactions: lugnut1009
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.