Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

Speedo & tach

979 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  DenverDiesel 
#1 ·
How in the world does one remove the tach & speedo from their casings? My speedo is slowly rotating counter clockwise and I am trying to get it apart to see why also to replace the lights with LEDs. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mike

#2 ·
You have to pull the headlight out, disconnect the wires from the gauge cluster. Disconnect the speedometer cable and there's a bolt on either side of the gauge cluster that comes out. Then the whole assembly come off and you can figure the rest out from there. Couple of screw in back of the cluster come off and you should have access from there.

#3 ·
run a drill with a small square bit in the back of the speedometer where the cable goes to see if it's working properly, the problem could be with the cable or the gear it goes to on the front wheel.

#4 ·
Mine just wiggled off after removing the screw. The speedo and tach were very loose so I put a washer over the rubber mount to give it some compression.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.