Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

Deflector windshield opinions

2K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  BSkaggs513 
#1 ·
I'm needing a windshield, after looking at all available I really like the looks of the National Cycle Deflector one.
The only concern I have is the 2-point mounting.
To those of you who have one, are there any problems with excess movement/buffeting?
Thanks in advance for any opinions...

#2 ·
I went with the memphis slims upers and lowers the mounting brackets are very strong and adjustable. As for buffiting take a look at this chart http://www.memphisshades.com/products.shtml it gives you an idea on the height you will want. :D

#3 ·
I bought a V-Force from someone on the forum a couple of months ago and really like it. It has a 4-point connection instead of two, so it doesn't come off very easy, but it is really secure and looks/works good.

It also has the Vulcan Wings etched in it near the bottom which looks really cool.....which is what is most important anyway, right?

#4 ·
I just bought a V-Force shield from a dealer. Like above it has the 4 point connection instead of two and the Vulcan Wings etched in it.

They offered to install it for free and discounted it from the retail price due to slow sales at the moment, so I took it. The tide is going to change any week here from winter to riding weather, so I expect the discounts to go away as well.

#5 ·
I had a sheld, was on the bike when I got it so not sure of type. It was a 2 point mount and it did move a little at speed. I now have a 4 Plex 3 with 4 point mount. Great

#6 ·
I had tried out my buddies shield (not sure the name, but it had the 2 mount system) and it seemed to hold quite well, even at highway speeds.
Just be sure you know where you want it and mount it tightly, and it should be fine.

#7 ·
My windshiels with a 2 point mount barely moves. I djusted the mount with a little downward tension on the headlight bucket. Spitefire windshield 18" x 17".

#8 ·
Windshield

Dennis,
I had a windshield on my bike that used slight pressure on the headlight to steady it and when I removed it, there was small scratches on the top of the headlight that I now stare at constantly. My windshield had plastic pads to prevent scratching, but I believe road vibrations still allowed for the scratching to occur. Yours may have better padding, but if not, just be aware the potential exists, should you ever wish to remove the shield.

Happy trails.

#9 ·
Thanks for the warning I haven't had it off yet. Lived in Dayton for a couple of years when I was with UDRI--great job and some of the best state ran campgrounds I've ever seen. I moved home as the largest town in the state is less than 60K and Ohio just had to high of a population density for me. I wish I could get some of that Youngs Dairy ice cream here. Enjoy your upcoming ride season.

#10 ·
Youngs Dairy...a great treat at the end of a great ride. I am in the Dayton area, so I know the place.

How about Skyline- miss that?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.