inverted forks - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Wheels, Suspension and Brakes
Everything to do with wheels, tires,
suspension, forks and brakes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-20-2008, 12:29 AM Thread Starter

inverted forks

hey guys... i was looking through cdthayers website and came across this chopper..... now i know there is a chopper kit but it still has the regular forks.... but this is the second vn ive seen with inverted forks.... heres the link to the picture

http://www.cdthayer.com/imagesbike/7...pperbau_01.jpg

the other guy is stefan from holland i think?? just wondering if anyone has any info so i can start saving...

i checked out the website that the cdthayer bike is from and it says the forks are from the custom shop that the bike is listed under but the site is in german and since mine is a little rusty i was wondering if anyone could help with that too.. thanks guys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-20-2008, 01:00 AM
Linkmeister Supreme

Do you see what I see? A hyper charger air intake on a vn750. Gives it a very "big twin" look. I like it. Also like the inverted fork tubes. It would make it a lot easier to mount lower wind deflectors. Notice only one set of directional signal lights, on the end of the handle grips. Side covers also appear to be gone.

Gordon

1991 VN 750 -"Cosmic Lady" or "Bad Girl"?
Purchased May 16, 2008
Approx.19,300km (12,000 miles)

H-D windshield
Relocated R/R
MF-AGM battery
Fiamm Freeway Blaster horns
F&S luggage rack and engine guard
Kury Offset Hiway pegs
July 13, 2016, Riding on the DARKSIDE now, Classic Radial 165/80-15

TOP TEN THINGS A NEW RIDER/OWNER SHOULD DO. Click on link.
https://www.vn750.com/forum/11-vn750-general-discussion/9127-top-ten-items-you-would-suggest-new-owner-do-his-new-ride.html

Last edited by OlHossCanada; 12-20-2008 at 01:07 AM.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-20-2008, 01:02 AM

I believe the one's on CD's site are actually covers they used to sell in europe to make them look like inverted forks.I've seen them for sale on a euro site before but can't remember what one.I could be wrong......

Brian Manchester
'89 "GRIMM"

CUSTOM-Seat,quick detach backrest,2.5"slam brackets,Pipes,Fender struts,head light mount,9"rise dragbars,Grips,Mirrors, turnsignals,LED brake light/Lic.plate frame,Chopper headlight. Shaved,Jetted,coastered,polished forks,saddle&Tool bags,horns moved,180/70/15 rear tire!!! Yes a 180!!!!And other stuff.....
Springfield 1911-A1 Compact .45acp

03 F250 superduty 4x4 V-10 crew cab long box 33's,CAI,SS duals with magnaflow

04 durango AWD

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-20-2008, 01:02 AM Thread Starter

yeah i was drooling at that cuz i wanted to do kurykan's hypercharger led cover... i asked before a while back if it was possible.... maybe if i get enough saved up ill grab a set and mod something up for them in the future...
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-20-2008, 01:02 AM Thread Starter

well hell ill settle for that too!!! they look awesome
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-20-2008, 01:05 AM

They are pretty sweet looking!!!!!

Brian Manchester
'89 "GRIMM"

CUSTOM-Seat,quick detach backrest,2.5"slam brackets,Pipes,Fender struts,head light mount,9"rise dragbars,Grips,Mirrors, turnsignals,LED brake light/Lic.plate frame,Chopper headlight. Shaved,Jetted,coastered,polished forks,saddle&Tool bags,horns moved,180/70/15 rear tire!!! Yes a 180!!!!And other stuff.....
Springfield 1911-A1 Compact .45acp

03 F250 superduty 4x4 V-10 crew cab long box 33's,CAI,SS duals with magnaflow

04 durango AWD
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-20-2008, 01:32 AM
Sparky!!!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrepp61 View Post
yeah i was drooling at that cuz i wanted to do kurykan's hypercharger led cover... i asked before a while back if it was possible.... maybe if i get enough saved up ill grab a set and mod something up for them in the future...
There is a hypercharger kit for our bike..or there was at one point in time...can't remember where I keep seeing it at....
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-20-2008, 12:08 PM Thread Starter

ya know what... i was thinking last night before i went to sleep and i remembered someone else asking a coupple of weeks ago about the same thing..... i searched for the inverted fork tubes and came up with nothing on the site so i figured id ask.....

andway i was looking online and i found the patent for them so ill see what else i can dig up... thanks alot guys..
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-20-2008, 12:22 PM Thread Starter

well they have um for harleys.... not sure if they will fit and not sure how to find out either..... maybe i can make a set of my own sometime...
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-20-2008, 12:48 PM Thread Starter

yup cant find a damn thing for the vn... if someone comes up with some infoo let me know.... i think im going to figure out how to make them.... i found the patent for it so i might go off of those drawings...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement