Some of you have seen some of my posts; since I bought the bike in April, every repair I tackle, holds some unexpected surprise from my PO, which I wasn't ready for, and ends up leaving me bike-less for a few days to a couple weeks while I track more parts, and info.
Changing my rear tire today was no different. I've had a leak in the rear for about two weeks, tried some different liquid tire sealers to buy some time, but still had to air it everyday to ride it.
Went thru fits trying to buy the tire first from one place, then another, and finally another, and then got my hands on it. Came up with some nifty stick on weights for balancing, and was ready to go.
Go thru all kinds of trouble today to peel the old tire off, figure it's just several years old and really stuck on the rim, and when I finally break the bead, what do I find?
An inner tube. Tubeless wheel, tubeless tire, but mine has a tube in it. I didn't know there was a tube in there, didn't plan for it, so I didn't buy a new valve stem. The chrome ones I had on it looked good, didn't leak when squirted with soapy water, so I thought I was safe.
Drove around to 4 different local places trying to find a valve, came up empty, so gotta order it online, and the bike stays down, for a few more days. Again.
Every single time I repair something it turns into this. The good news though, is every repair is done right, and the bike gets a little more enjoyable to ride each time as well.
That's what i get for not buying new valves, to go with the new tires. Lesson learned.
Oh, my splines get lubed for the second time in two months, and my recent brakes got a good inspection as well.