Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

Speedometer...not so much

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Mike DeAngelo 
#1 · (Edited)
The Saga isn't worth repeating other than a few questions. If I unhook my speedometer and ride my bike, will I see the cable turn in the sheath. I'm thinking yes. If it does not, and the cable is broken, shouldn't I be able to pull out the cable from its sheath? If it doesn't pull out, and again I could be lost in the woods here looking for acorns, is it a big job replacing the cable?

Your help would be appreciated.

#2 ·
If I remember they come out of the sheath anyway.they are probably the easiest thing to replace on the bike,other than the valve stem caps.

#3 ·
Yeah man if you really want to know if it's broken just unhook it from the sender and the gauge. Then use some needle nose pliers and pull the cable out of the sheath. If it is broken...new cable. If it isn't broken....just put a little grease on it and slide it back in.

#6 ·
Thanks, The speedometer isn't working for Sh**. Lights up nice but not working. I need to do more testing today.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.