Metz 880s - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Wheels, Suspension and Brakes
Everything to do with wheels, tires,
suspension, forks and brakes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-05-2007, 12:02 AM Thread Starter

Metz 880s

Well here are my notes on the Metz 880s. After having them installed on the rims at a local shop, front and back. I've riden the bike enough to wear down all but the outermost chicken strips. The handling is great, I'm not sure if it is considerably better than the dunlops previously on the bike, but it is better. I feel more confident of the holding power. I havn't seen any wet riding yet with them. Mileage has gone up nearly 5 MPG, (note I also switched from the national cycles PlexistarII to the chopped down Streetshield) may have affected the mileage through less wind resistance.

Today at a middleschool incentive bike show, I spoke with a rider who had problems with Metz 880s (on a HD) said both he and a friend had "blisters" appear on the side walls. I will watch for this. But I have heard nothing but good about these tires here on the forum. I for one have not experienced anything but positive changes since the tire change. If anything should develope I will be sure to post it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-24-2007, 09:50 PM
Gnarly Jokester

Location: Southwest of Ruby Ridge, Geiger Heights, Washington, USA.

My friends swear by any Metzgers. My 06' came with Bridgestones and handle very good.

`
"When the sun's comin' up,
I got cakes on the griddle.
Life ain't nothin' but a funny funny riddle,
Thank God I'm a Country Boy!"

`
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-24-2007, 10:53 PM Thread Starter

Had the vavle stem break the other day. Front end started to feel "stiff" when making lane changes. Didn't lose all the air fortunately. No damage done to the tire. They replaced the stem, mounted and rebalanced and out the door. Loving the Metzs, they seem to grip better.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-08-2007, 10:40 AM
2FAS4U

I installed the 880's yesterday. 170/80 rear and 110 front. The stock Bridgestones had just over 10k on them, still some tread left, but it was time for a change. Compared to the stock tires, my first impression was the bike felt like it was on rails. Much better rubber and more usable sidewalls for cornering.
Mods so far, Progressive 2" drop rear, yet to install the fronts, debeating on stock height or dropping the front. I also have a Superbrace for the forks, another worthwhile investment.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-09-2007, 10:28 AM

Question

I'm planning this fall to switch over to the METZ and I like you got a 170 on the rear. Any problems at all getting the 170 on the bike? What psi you using for the 170? Do you run a lower psi to make it fit? Thanks...

Mike B.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-10-2007, 10:07 AM
2FAS4U

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKES86VULCAN View Post
I'm planning this fall to switch over to the METZ and I like you got a 170 on the rear. Any problems at all getting the 170 on the bike? What psi you using for the 170? Do you run a lower psi to make it fit? Thanks...
No problem with fitment at all. I am running stock air pressure. Experimenting with 32 solo and 35 with a passenger. There are rubber teets on the sidewall of the new tire and they are close to, but not rubbing the driveshaft.
Happy I did it.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-05-2007, 04:31 AM
fuzz

that seems a bit low , i run 40 in my kenda tire , i think that is what the stock 150 tire runs at , so that is what i run my 170 at

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
No problem with fitment at all. I am running stock air pressure. Experimenting with 32 solo and 35 with a passenger. There are rubber teets on the sidewall of the new tire and they are close to, but not rubbing the driveshaft.
Happy I did it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement