ok i want to rake my front end... - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Wheels, Suspension and Brakes
Everything to do with wheels, tires,
suspension, forks and brakes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-20-2013, 04:18 PM Thread Starter

ok i want to rake my front end...

So where to get those parts and how to diy the best and safely way? plz send some pics if u done that
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-20-2013, 05:32 PM
Members who have donated towards server costs

Look on the web i know some one makes a kit have been thinking on it myself the kit is 2000 bucks though.
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-20-2013, 05:45 PM
Prowling Tiger

http://www.chopper-kit-usa.com/kawas...HER_models.htm

14 degree rake for our 750. $2000 for the kit. I may get this kit later in the year. There are a couple pics on the site as well with it installed on a 750. Check it out.

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-20-2013, 06:18 PM

I suggest making an intro post first Gary, in the Newbie section. Interesting to have a member from your country, I think its a first, and Tervetuloa !

post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-20-2013, 06:47 PM

Cool

That's nice!

post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-20-2013, 07:02 PM

You guys DO know, that all it is basically, is an offset triple tree, right ?...thats not a true "rake change", because it still pivots on the same point and the further you turn it gets difficult to steer.

The only way to properly get more rake, is to cut behind the neck (prefereably upper tube), remove material, bend the lower to match and reweld.

These kits look nice, but they dont perform the way a proper raking does. I even consider them somewhat dangerous after seeing one up close.

post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-20-2013, 07:25 PM
Prowling Tiger

I wouldn't mind putting a generic TT on just so I can ditch the idiot gauges and put something simpler. Plus, having more head light options would be nice, too.
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-20-2013, 07:33 PM
Banned

I have owned and ridden bikes like the one pictured. Not done the same way, however. I agree with the Wolf.

Before anybody tries such, they should familiarize themselves with terms like rake and trail and understand them. A google search on 'negative trail' would be a good place to start.

In the picture above, they could have put the front wheel following the forks would help some.
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-20-2013, 09:33 PM

Quote:
they could have put the front wheel following the forks would help some.
Thats because its a stock lower....just longer tubes...its a budget kit for wannabes. Nice idea, poor design.

And thats a poor design in itself, because the more you rake and extend, the less effective the front hyd forks become. Fonda's "Easy Rider" chopper may just as well been 2 solid tubes to the front. Only time you get any suspension action is when braking. Better off with a girder or springer at that point...one like a Sugar Bear.

If I was gonna chop my VN full-out, Id get a Santee frame with the rake that I wanted, then slap a springer on it. But those together would cost 5x more than I paid for the bike itself, lol.

Last edited by Wolfie; 04-20-2013 at 09:38 PM.
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-21-2013, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazblu82 View Post
http://www.chopper-kit-usa.com/kawas...HER_models.htm

14 degree rake for our 750. $2000 for the kit. I may get this kit later in the year. There are a couple pics on the site as well with it installed on a 750. Check it out.
stick in any rake kit u like from any other bike just change the middle spline/bearing from urs to new one
Sponsored Links
Advertisement