Pirelli tires - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Wheels, Suspension and Brakes
Everything to do with wheels, tires,
suspension, forks and brakes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-13-2013, 11:53 AM Thread Starter

Pirelli tires

I recently discovered that I need new tires on my bike and have had the pirelli mt66 tires recommended to me they cost quite a bit less than the metzlers and bridgestones so I thought I would check and see if anyone here has had experience running these - by the way I got 17000 miles out of my bridgestones - I would put them back on if I had the cash. But since i'm broke............

thanks in advance :0)

That can't be my bike - it aint movin'
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-13-2013, 12:02 PM

I've got them. I've had them all of last riding season. No complaints just got to see how long they last!

1986 VN 750
20,000 miles
MF Battery
Replaced Stock Turn signals
Starter Clutch
NGK plugs
MT66 Pirelli's
Seafoam
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-13-2013, 12:24 PM Thread Starter

for comparison - if you don't mind

what tires did you run before?

do you put a lot of miles on?

Last edited by trekbiker; 04-13-2013 at 12:27 PM. Reason: added text

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-13-2013, 01:29 PM
87 VN750 Lookin Good

Send a message via Skype™ to acisroc
Re tires

I had the Dunlop tires on mine and the front was oversize. The sidewalls were cracked, and I was going to get a set of two for $180.00 on e-bay. My wife put a stop to that and said get the best, safety first. So I ended up with the standard size for my bike and the speedo is now right on. I got the Michelin continental II tires I got $150.00 off of list and they cost me $257.00 for front and rears. They are five star ratings for everything from about 100 people and these are mostly Harley cruiser riders. I tried them out today and it is the difference between a volkswagon and a Cadillac! So it just goes to show you, you get what you pay for, and what you're life is worth it is better to save up. Just saying, she is right. (my old ones I destroyed so no one could put on their bike)

MODS: AGM/MF battery.Rect.Black Mirrors,Smoked windshield H D brakes,Voltmeter,Backrest pack,Chrome brake cover, Chrome res. cover, Hard saddlebags red turn signal lights built in.Custom back rack.Chrome mirror dampeners,Red NGK spark plug wires,K+N air filters, Chrome windshield trim, Chrome fender trim front and rear,Gas tank chrome trim. Extra turn, stop and running led's,ss flame radiator grill, HD stator R/R Mod Low handlebars F+S engine guard, hwy pegs continental II tires,fog lights
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-13-2013, 03:53 PM

I had dunlop before and they were pretty worn, so when I put new pirelli's on they felt great. I put 4K on them last summer. No problem but I don't have anything to compare them to. I like them and for this bike with the price just seemed the way to go for me.

1986 VN 750
20,000 miles
MF Battery
Replaced Stock Turn signals
Starter Clutch
NGK plugs
MT66 Pirelli's
Seafoam
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-13-2013, 04:10 PM
Members who have donated towards server costs

I got avon venom on front and nexen car tire on the rear. 190 for the front 56 fo the rear
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-13-2013, 06:12 PM

Avon definitely makes the best front IMO...had em on all my Harleys...ran Dunlops rear because of the softer compound. Pirellis used to be good....real good...but I dunno how modern ones are...stay away from bridgestones...they last forever, but yer on skates with em...

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-14-2013, 11:48 PM

I have a set of MT66s on mine. Meh. They are ok. I'm coming from stock tires. I really don't know what kind of mileage to expect from them as I haven't got that many miles on them now.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-28-2013, 08:22 PM Thread Starter

Well ..... I replaced my back tire with am MT66 and I love it
I also discovered that I needed to replace my air filters so I replaced them with a couple of K&N filters and between that and the new tire I feel like I am riding a hot rod needless to say my gas mileage suffered a bit on the last tank full it's amazing how much better the bike runs when it can breath

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-28-2013, 10:09 PM
Holzcman ,new rider

route 66 tires

I just put a set of these tires on my sons's motorcycle..he loves them .I paid 170.00 for them at motorcycle superstore with free shipping . Date codes showed oldest was 13 months old.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement