UK Shock Price rip off. - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Wheels, Suspension and Brakes
Everything to do with wheels, tires,
suspension, forks and brakes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-22-2012, 05:01 AM Thread Starter

UK Shock Price rip off.

A big thank you to all who posted on my After market shocks thread. I want a pair of Progessive Shocks 412-4206C, will these fit the entire Vulcan 750 range. I live in Ireland and to have the shocks delivered to my door from the UK will cost me $505.00 including $32.00 del, where as if I order them from the USA the cost will be $303.00. I have seen the shocks I want advertised like this:
Progressive 412 Cruiser Shocks 12.5" Chrome 1996-2006 Kawasaki VN750A Vulcan 750
Does this mean that they will not fit a 1990 model.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-22-2012, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Osserus View Post
A big thank you to all who posted on my After market shocks thread. I want a pair of Progessive Shocks 412-4206C, will these fit the entire Vulcan 750 range. I live in Ireland and to have the shocks delivered to my door from the UK will cost me $505.00 including $32.00 del, where as if I order them from the USA the cost will be $303.00. I have seen the shocks I want advertised like this:
Progressive 412 Cruiser Shocks 12.5" Chrome 1996-2006 Kawasaki VN750A Vulcan 750
Does this mean that they will not fit a 1990 model.
The shocks are all the same from 85 to 06 all will fit, isn't there an import tax to pay on items bought in the states on top of the cost you have seen?
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-22-2012, 07:24 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the info. Import tax what's that, haven't got charged anything on what I've ordered so far. How do you rate the Mobatt battery, its on my shopping list, the exsisting battery is rather tired and doesn't like the cold early mornings.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-22-2012, 08:37 AM
Old Fart

Garage
I should point out that the Hagon shocks I gave the link to are made in the UK...the link was for the US distributor I believe....would think they'd be Alot cheaper for you. Here is their UK page:

http://www.hagon-shocks.co.uk/

I know two who use the Motobat in their bikes and have reported no problems. I likely will be getting one myself for my FJR.

KM

If You Are Not Sure If I Am Joking or Not....I AM !!Photos:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/knifemaker1954/sets/

Last edited by Knifemaker; 08-22-2012 at 08:39 AM.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-22-2012, 09:09 AM
100% Black & White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swagman View Post
isn't there an import tax to pay on items bought in the states on top of the cost you have seen?
Not sure if it's the same in Ireland but in mainland UK you get charged VAT on importing anything valued over 15.00 if its merchandise. This only applies to items purchased outside the EU. Not all packages seem to get assessed so it seems to be luck of the draw whether you get charged or not....

I would give the Hagon shocks a look as KM suggests. I have a Hagon shock in the back of my FZR1000 and am very happy with it. I know they do several different types of shock for our VN750's starting from around 129 for the standard road shocks.

1982 Honda H100A
1990 Yamaha FZR1000R

VROC#35051

Last edited by Gypsy Wolf; 08-22-2012 at 09:12 AM.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-22-2012, 04:33 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Gypsy Wolf.

I'll certainly have a look at the Hagon Shock. I've only been over here since Oct 2007, the wife wanted to come home. I haven't a clue how the Irish import tariff works, if I get charged on this occasion then so be it you can't win all the time. There are some bizarre things over here one of which is bikes do not need an NCT (MOT equivalent). There are some lovely bike rides up in your part of the country which I never got to ride as I was born and lived in the south of England.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-23-2012, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Osserus View Post
Thanks for the info. Import tax what's that, haven't got charged anything on what I've ordered so far. How do you rate the Mobatt battery, its on my shopping list, the exsisting battery is rather tired and doesn't like the cold early mornings.
The Motobatt has been brilliant fires the bike right up every time and it came with 2 year warranty, I got the quad battery it can be connected on either side the poles are interchangeable
Sponsored Links
Advertisement