Why Dual Brakes & Dual Calipers? - Page 7 - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Wheels, Suspension and Brakes
Everything to do with wheels, tires,
suspension, forks and brakes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-01-2012, 07:50 PM
ass hole extaordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimvulcanrider View Post
the reason they don't have any in stock is because most people don't need to change them. and the bike has been out of production for 6 years. you can however get a set of aftermarket disks for realitivly cheap... even if they don't say that they are made for the VN750, I have found that the CX500 disks are teh same, and I see on the CX forum every month where some one has adapted another sports bike disk to their set up.
yea i can see the rotors not being in stock but im talking about no matter what i call and price they say it has to be ordered
stator
petcock
plug wires
all gaskets
r/r
tires
even spark plugs

i actually started calling them just to mess with them and get prices on things i dont even need and they never have anything in stock at all it is rediculous
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-01-2012, 08:56 PM
Sparky!!!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by new rider 9984 View Post
yea i can see the rotors not being in stock but im talking about no matter what i call and price they say it has to be ordered
stator
petcock: Ron Ayers has them in stock
plug wires: Carquest has bulk wire, caps, and all the pieces needed to build the set
all gaskets Manila folder for cork based gaskets, head gasket make out of Copper gasket material, Exhaust gasket go to Harley, O-Rings can be found at Lows, Home Depot, and Ace Hardware (along with any bearing and seal house)
r/r: Any three Phase 5 or 6 pin R/R will work, would recomend finding a Unit off of a Late model Yamaha R1 so you can go with a MOSFET type
tires Any motorcycle dealership,MC parts house,
even spark plugs Advanced Autoparts, Napa (next day, but that is because they don't stock Iridium plugs), Car Quest (same as NAPA)

i actually started calling them just to mess with them and get prices on things i dont even need and they never have anything in stock at all it is rediculous
YOu can find any thing you are looking for if you know where and how to look. I find that buying Motorcycle parts is cheaper and easier online than it is to actually go to a store. Also when going to a part store looking for a MC part.. do not tell them you are trying to find a MC Part, but instead already have your homework done and go in asking for a part number, or a detailed description of what you are looking for.
post #63 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-01-2012, 09:13 PM
ass hole extaordinaire

yea i got that figured out but i still call them just to fluck with them i will ask for a price then i say ok i will be there in a min i need four of them then they are like the bike only calls for one and im like yeah i know but i want four and then they say well we have to order them in from mars and they wont be here until 2032 and im like ok i will wait then call them a choice name and hang up it makes me feel better lol

post #64 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-01-2012, 09:37 PM
Sparky!!!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by new rider 9984 View Post
yea i got that figured out but i still call them just to fluck with them i will ask for a price then i say ok i will be there in a min i need four of them then they are like the bike only calls for one and im like yeah i know but i want four and then they say well we have to order them in from mars and they wont be here until 2032 and im like ok i will wait then call them a choice name and hang up it makes me feel better lol
you know what we did to guys like you when i worked at the parts house? First, every one (including the secretary who didn't know how to even look up a part) would grab a phone line, call the first person on the speed dial button and start talking shop with a potential customer (usually a friend or some one we knew witha cool project going on). Then as YOU got annoyed, we would scamper around the store gathering parts for our "Customer". then after about 45 minutes we would finaly point to the sign above the front counter that read:
"We Reserve the Right to Refuse Service to Any One".

There is nothing that pisses me off more than a "Know It All" customer who thinks I am there just to spend hours out of my day to find their obsolete, discontinued part for the cheapest price I can find it, just to have them scoff at the price.

And right now I feel very Cheap and used. First you said you couldn't find a rotor in stock any where and then when I gave you a suggestion on something that would work, you then say you can't find all the other parts, so I spend time searching the net, and calling arround for the spark plug wires, Spark Plug caps, and even the spark plugs. then you have the nerve to tell me you already knew this and just like to piss off Parts Clerks... Man bad move...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement