Everything to do with wheels, tires,
suspension, forks and brakes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-17-2009, 03:33 PM Thread Starter
Members who have donated towards server costs

Send a message via Skype™ to KIMMERLING
West fort worth kawasaki

Ladies and Gentlemen,
I hope this is the right thread to place this. I went to the dealer and had new tires put on. I clearly told them 110/90 and 170/80 front and back ...several times. Those were my wishes. I get the bike back and it has oem tires. At no time did anyone tell me I was getting other than my wishes. I tell the sales guy and he says, "sorry for the miscommunication but i wouldn't put them on the bike because its taxing on the engine ..also its almost all the state law will allow." Does this sound like a crock of bs? I am soooo mad. I complained with the BBB and the dealer website. I will never go there again. How do they believe that people will purchase goods and services with sales practice like that? Also, the sales guy lied and said that they don't make metzler 170/80's right to my face! I told him i was just online before i came and cycle gear had them. Incredible.

2011 Suzuki VSTROM DL650 with ABS Purchased Jan 28 now with 39,000miles WRECKED JAN 12 ,2013
"To strive, to seek, to find, not to yield."
05 Vulcan 750 26,050miles *Traded in*
Ventura guards
MadStadt mount
Givi windshield/Heated grips
Backoff
Riderbeads
Givi 52 topcase
Pat Walsh Crash bars skid plate
OEM centerstand
Headlight modulator
Battery tender
Aquarium thermometer with forward probe mount
Admore LED Lighting/Givi E36N panniers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-17-2009, 03:42 PM

Sorry to hear about that man!!! i live north of FTW, what shop are you talking about?

PEACE!!!

2005 Vulcan 750
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-17-2009, 04:02 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to cglennon
The tire law thingy is bunk, unless you order steel studded snow tires, which are against the law in Texas. Regardless of taxing the engine you did not get the product and service you ordered and payed for. Customer is always right. They even admit the mistake.

What you haven't told us is what is on the work order, that sheet that you must sign to authorize them to touch the bike. If it has your specifications, then you shouldn't have a problem resolving it. (BBB, Dealer GM, Kawasaki District Service Manager). I would also file with the State Attorney General since they appear to be forcing customer sales based on made up laws.

Chris Glennon - Portland, OR

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-17-2009, 04:06 PM
Headbanger/Popes of Hell

what a load of BS! what does he care if "it would be "taxing" the engine? and what the does he mean by "its almost all the state law will allow"? if they were going to do anything other than what you had asked, then they should have told you BEFORE they did any thing to your bike! I would have told them to but the old tires back on and that I was going to take my bike and busness elsewhere!

as for Metzeler not making them.....then why does Motorcycle Superstore have them in stock! nothing but lies!
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-17-2009, 05:35 PM
Columbus, Ohio

Like cglennon said...get the work order.
Complaining to BBB won't do anything...they only police ther own members, and even then they have no real authority. If the work order backs you up, tell them they had better make it good for free and not keep your bike more than a day, or you will go to the State Attorney General, the LOCAL bike groups, and maybe even write something in the newspaper. And definitely tell their competition. Put that man's name on the street. If sales licenses are required in Ft Worth, and he has one, he may have violated the terms of the license, and can face legal sanctions against that license. If he has no sales license and is required to have one, the employer faces sanctions.

If the work order doesn't support your version of events, consider it a lesson learned.

Jim
'95 Kawasaki Concours

Sold my Vulcan

I do LOTS of dumb stuff. Riding is only one of them.

Last edited by jimkonst; 11-17-2009 at 05:39 PM.
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-17-2009, 06:32 PM

Garage
Do you really want the oversize tires or not. I know it would take me a few years to burn the miles off a new set before needing to change them again. I would go back and demand they make it right.

"Show me a man who makes no mistakes, and I'll show you a man who doesn't do things." Theodore Roosevelt."

2007 Victory Kingpin
Current projects - 1986 VN750 & 1988 EL250
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-17-2009, 06:49 PM
Old Fart

Garage
Alot of "salesmen" don't know dik about bikes. If you asked for a specific tire you should have gotten it. All the crap they said is bull , and you need to go back there, make them order the right sized tires you asked for (guessing they did not have them in stock) and tell them they can switch the tires out when they come in. You should not have to pay for this.

As mentioned, if you have anything in writing to support your end here you have more then enough to make them fix the problem. If the work order just says "install new tires" you still have some rights as you never agreed to the tires they installed. You really should not have even accepted the bike until they fixed it.

We will of course still want the name of the dealer for future use...regardless of what they thought or what was written down, they are still screwing you.

KM

If You Are Not Sure If I Am Joking or Not....I AM !!Photos:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/knifemaker1954/sets/
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-17-2009, 07:19 PM
Linkmeister Supreme

X2 to Chris and ruger. What is written on the work order? If it has your specifications written on it, I would raise Hell over not following my wishes. I would have done just as ruger suggested, and told them to put the old tires back on when I went to pick up the bike. Then when I had the bike back in my possesion, I would tell them I was going to tell every biker I met, what kind of service their shop provided!

As for overtaxing your bike, it`s none of his business, and why should he care anyway. If the bike gives up the ghost, you are just one more porential customer to buy a new bike from him, aren`t you? I suspect the reason he told you Metzler doesn`t make the oversize tires you wanted was because they didn`t have any in stock, and he wanted to make the sale with what they had.

If they don`t want to sell what you want, then they should tell you so up front. The more I think about this the hotter I get, and it isn`t even my bike!! I think now, that you should have told them you wanted the old tires returned to the bike right then, even if it was closing time, and they had to pay a tech overtime to do it. The customer is ALWAYS right! It is your bike, your choice and your money.

I have had more than one store meet my demands at the counter when I felt they were treating me unfairly, or the merchandise was not what I expected. If the sales person won`t or can`t resolve your problem, ask for a dept. manager or store manager. You need someone who has authority to make decisions.

Gordon

1991 VN 750 -"Cosmic Lady" or "Bad Girl"?
Purchased May 16, 2008
Approx.19,300km (12,000 miles)

H-D windshield
Relocated R/R
MF-AGM battery
Fiamm Freeway Blaster horns
F&S luggage rack and engine guard
Kury Offset Hiway pegs
July 13, 2016, Riding on the DARKSIDE now, Classic Radial 165/80-15

TOP TEN THINGS A NEW RIDER/OWNER SHOULD DO. Click on link.
https://www.vn750.com/forum/11-vn750-general-discussion/9127-top-ten-items-you-would-suggest-new-owner-do-his-new-ride.html
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-17-2009, 09:39 PM

i assume this is the website http://www.hondakawasakiwest.com/

PEACE!!!

2005 Vulcan 750
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-18-2009, 02:47 AM Thread Starter
Members who have donated towards server costs

Send a message via Skype™ to KIMMERLING
honda kawasaki west
do you have any alternative places i could go if i ever need more work done? I appreciate it. thanks

2011 Suzuki VSTROM DL650 with ABS Purchased Jan 28 now with 39,000miles WRECKED JAN 12 ,2013
"To strive, to seek, to find, not to yield."
05 Vulcan 750 26,050miles *Traded in*
Ventura guards
MadStadt mount
Givi windshield/Heated grips
Backoff
Riderbeads
Givi 52 topcase
Pat Walsh Crash bars skid plate
OEM centerstand
Headlight modulator
Battery tender