handlebars - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Wheels, Suspension and Brakes
Everything to do with wheels, tires,
suspension, forks and brakes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-02-2009, 04:04 PM Thread Starter

handlebars

i just asking if any of you riders that ride the vn750 had this happing to you have being riding up to sedona az alot i have had a problem with my neck get this sharp pain in it now i got a pinch nerve in my neck some of frinds have sad i need to reajust the handle bars on the bike if so would i go front or back with the bars my is a 06 vn 750 i only get this on long rides it about 130 miles one way up to sedona az i no you guys are not doctors but all my frinds here in az all ride Harley-Davidson so i will get the right answer i will start here and not with the Harley riders lol) thanks with any help with this weedy1 going back up north next weekend
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-02-2009, 04:11 PM
Members who have donated towards server costs

I know with my 1500 classic I was reaching and leaning a little forward and it was getting to me. On the VROC forum most of the 1500 riders were having to install risers to bring the bars back towards the rider and take some of the strain out of the lean and reach. I did that to mine and it seems to have fixed my back and neck. So the obvious thing would be to move them back toward you some and see how it feels. Now that I think about it, I moved my 750 bars back some after I got it too. I had the protac backrest on it too and have a good backrest on my 1500. I know that makes a huge difference, as does the floorboards.

Maybe your harley buddies are getting the kinks vibrated out while they ride?

Fergy
Kyle, TX VN750.com member #707 VROC#19556
2002 VN1500 Classic
Spline Lube Procedure, with photos, R/R Relocation and Coil Mod
Rusty Tank Cleaning!
Electrical Fault Finding Flowchart
SEAFOAM JUNKIE!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement