New Pirelli's front and rear ! - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Wheels, Suspension and Brakes
Everything to do with wheels, tires,
suspension, forks and brakes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-13-2009, 07:42 PM Thread Starter

New Pirelli's front and rear !

Just got two new MT66 Route Pirelli's mounted and balanced. Bike feels more "planted" now, but I was riding on 1993 Dunlop Qualifiers, so no wonder. Stayed with the 100/90 and 150/50 sizes. And had the splines lubed and the gear oil changed while the wheel was off. Done by Motorcycle Services in Hatboro, PA. I like these guys, they have a friendly and professional way. And the prices are reasonable, too. Anybody else go with the Pirellis??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-13-2009, 10:32 PM
Linkmeister Supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastmyprime View Post
Just got two new MT66 Route Pirelli's mounted and balanced. Bike feels more "planted" now, but I was riding on 1993 Dunlop Qualifiers, so no wonder. Stayed with the 100/90 and 150/50 sizes. And had the splines lubed and the gear oil changed while the wheel was off. Done by Motorcycle Services in Hatboro, PA. I like these guys, they have a friendly and professional way. And the prices are reasonable, too. Anybody else go with the Pirellis??
I`m happy for you and the new rubber on your ride. That rear tire,150/50, has the lowest profile sidewall I`ve seen mentioned here. <G> That couldn`t be a typo could it? Enjoy the ride my friend.

Gordon

1991 VN 750 -"Cosmic Lady" or "Bad Girl"?
Purchased May 16, 2008
Approx.19,300km (12,000 miles)

H-D windshield
Relocated R/R
MF-AGM battery
Fiamm Freeway Blaster horns
F&S luggage rack and engine guard
Kury Offset Hiway pegs
July 13, 2016, Riding on the DARKSIDE now, Classic Radial 165/80-15

TOP TEN THINGS A NEW RIDER/OWNER SHOULD DO. Click on link.
https://www.vn750.com/forum/11-vn750-general-discussion/9127-top-ten-items-you-would-suggest-new-owner-do-his-new-ride.html
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-13-2009, 11:01 PM
CWO3 Navy (Retired)

I also had 1993 Dunlops and when I put the Metzler ME880's on it became a different bike! The old tires only had 3 years of use on them, the bike sat for more than 10 years without being ridden. It's like new now and the new tires make all the difference in the world. I went with the 110 in the front for the speedometer improvement and it does help alot.

The Flag on my bike honors those who serve our Country and those who have served!

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-13-2009, 11:09 PM

hatboro huh.... glad to have another pennsylvanian here.... check out the group ride in the northeast regional thread.... might want to join us..
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-13-2009, 11:29 PM
Members who have donated towards server costs

My Pirelli's just came in from Jake Wilson. Based on what I read here, I went with the 110/90 on front. Got the Pirelli's 'cause I like them on my other bike. The Dunlops on my '89 are 12-22 years old! Got 8 oz. of moly paste for the splines and will do that too. Maybe get it done this weekend.

I'm keepin' all the left over parts. I'm gonna use 'em to build another bike!

Old Blue
2001 Honda CMX250 Rebel acquired July, 2008

1987 VN750 project bike, acquired August, 2009, 33,000 miles and balancer sticking out of the case, currently awaiting attention and parts
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-13-2009, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastmyprime View Post
i got em and love em! still have the little 'feelers' after 3,000 miles... only problem is they do 'slip' a little on really wet oily pavement.. but doesn't any tire?

'99 VN750 with 8900 miles and growing (3,111 when I bought it 03-22-08)
Ear shave with Unipods
Drilled mufflers and degoat
TOC springs
N/C Street shield EX windshield
Jumbo Saddleman Highway Studded saddlebags
Willie and Max Saddlebag mounting kit
License plate turn signals
Home made sissy bar
Luggage Rack from Scoop
http://youtube.com/user/99vulcan750
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-14-2009, 12:14 AM
Simple Solutions

Send a message via MSN to seebeeare Send a message via Yahoo to seebeeare
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99vulcan750 View Post
i got em and love em! still have the little 'feelers' after 3,000 miles... only problem is they do 'slip' a little on really wet oily pavement.. but doesn't any tire?
Not any tire i live in washington and my metzler880 has yet to slip i live in seattle and its my only vehical waterr hasnt been a factor since i got my metzler wouldnt trade it in for the world...

Stator #3
MF AGM
DeGoated
Ears Shaved
R/R relocated
Rebuilt

She's worth her weight in GOLD
If u dont have it already Here is the Service Manual
How To Test the Stator
Sponsored Links
Advertisement