Throttle doesn't move the bike. - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Transmission / Rear End
\ Chattering Clutch? Transmission Trouble?
Rear End Woes? Splines Shot? Discuss it here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-30-2012, 09:21 PM Thread Starter

Throttle doesn't move the bike.

So as the title says the throttle won't move the bike. With the clutch held in, I can let it out completely without the bike dying, the bike moves forward a tiny bit. If I blip the throttle, there's no excessive pull, its the same as if I didn't hit the throttle. I just recently put the stator cover, and front bevel gear cover back on. Guessing it has something to do with that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-30-2012, 10:03 PM Thread Starter

False alarm, turns out I'm just an idiot. Never owned a bike with drum brakes before. I adjusted the brakes too tight, so they were locked up the whole time.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-30-2012, 11:38 PM Thread Starter

Nevermind, I'm not an idiot, it still won't. I can put it into first let go of the clutch lever and it just pulls a tiny bit, but I can fight against it, and stop it from moving. Hitting the throttle does nothing.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-31-2012, 12:10 AM
Sparky!!!

Garage
sounds like the drive line isn't aligned properly, final drive failure, or improperly adjusted clutch
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-31-2012, 12:55 AM Thread Starter

The clutch is out all the way and can't be taken out anymore, the line on the bevel gear case is suppose to align with the line on the clutch linkage right?
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-31-2012, 09:09 AM
Sparky!!!

Garage
not sure exactly what you are talking about... but i did find some notes in the manual that might help.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	54.1 KB
ID:	4378  
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-31-2012, 09:56 AM
Old Truck Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conradzz View Post
The clutch is out all the way and can't be taken out anymore, the line on the bevel gear case is suppose to align with the line on the clutch linkage right?
Yes you are right, but when moving the lever to the front of the bike using hand pressure it should stay close to that position. Once you attach the cable and adjust it should work properly.

02 honda sabre 1100
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-31-2012, 04:51 PM Thread Starter

So I pulled the clutch release mechanism, and tried to reset it to home, the way the manual says. Well the cap wouldn't seat all the way, the clutch push rod was sitting out to far. I pulled the clutch cover, and the clutch retainer, and the bearing that the rod sits on was all cockeyed, and raised out a little. So I seated the bearing back in, and I think its working now. Haven't tried driving it around, but I'll do that here in a bit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement