help fast nice day to ride - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Transmission / Rear End
\ Chattering Clutch? Transmission Trouble?
Rear End Woes? Splines Shot? Discuss it here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-07-2012, 11:01 AM Thread Starter

Exclamation help fast nice day to ride

Alright so I decided to try n adjust my clutch cable my self n now clutch lever on handlebars doesn't snap back also need thorough instructions on adjusting the cable...manual confuses me...thanks n advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-07-2012, 04:02 PM

Garage
unless you messed with the bottom end of the cable where the clutch housing is, you shouldn't really have too much trouble.

mid way down the cable on the left side...loosen the lock nut and turn the cable adjuster all the way in to give the cable plenty of play.

set the clutch lever by unlocking the knurled ring and adjusting the cable adjuster on the handlebar.

once you have it the way you want it, you can take up the slack by setting the length in the middle of the cable outward. re-adjust the clutch lever so it has a tiny bit of free play (2-3mm)

make sure you are fully engaging and disengaging the clutch....watch the bottom of the cable and make sure you get full travel. The clutch release lever at the bottom of the cable may be loose or somehow slipped. it should be lined up so that the rib and the gap in the clamp are lined up according to the manual.

Hope this helps!

If the cable isn't snapping back, you might have a frayed cable in the sheathing. Did you lube the cable recently? why were you messing with it in the first place?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement