Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

Final Drive

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Desert Dog 
#1 ·
Looking for a final drive for my VN750. Bought a final drive off ebay that was advertised as nice condition for $70.00. Just got it today and the splines are stripped. UGH!!! Anybody know where I can get one for a reasonable price? It would be nice if a guy could just get the gear that is stripped but I can't find a listing for that part anywhere either.

#2 ·
If you are talking about the splined shaft that comes out of the final drive, it is no longer available. If you are talking about the shaft coupling that slips over the final drive shaft, it is available for $69.00, but be wary of replacing only the coupling unless the splines on the FD shaft are really good. I have talked to several people in the last 10 days about just replacing the coupling (since my splines look fairly good) and they all say it is a waste of time and money. Guess it depends on how much spline wear you have and how fond you are of working on the bike.

I found a used final drive with coupling at a recycler in Ft. Worth for $300. A recycler in Sumter SC has one for $375 with shaft and coupling. Tel. 803 773 3535.

Good luck.

Also might try to Google Motorcycle Recyclers

Wicker San Antonio

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.