Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

Some of my thoughts got in the local paper

6K views 55 replies 11 participants last post by  Mercury 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Great write up ! WTG ! :smiley_th

#5 ·
Well put. Here's my comment on it:

Those people who want to live in a country where guns are prohibited by the government can come on over and live in Mexico. I'm sure they'll love to see how only drug lords and their minions own guns and no law-abiding citizen can defend him/herself or their family. Call 911? Sure, just tell the attacker to hold on for a few minutes while the police get there.

#6 · (Edited)
There was actually this mayor at a small city in a state that is widely overrun with drug related crime, who proposed that the government let the people have guns to defend themselves against the criminals, stating that they didn't have enough police elements or soldiers to help them. His proposal was completely denied by the higher-ups, saying that arming the people was not the answer, that violence will only get more violence and blah blah blah...

It is quite known that most (if not all) higher up politicians (going all the way to the president) have deals with the drug cartels to let them operate freely and they obviously get some big payouts. So obviously, it's not in their best interest to arm the people.

In that particular area, criminals just show up at someone's property and demand that they leave and sign over the ownership of the place to them. Refuse? They start killing your family until you agree or you die as well and then they just take it anyway.

This is the kind of outcome that you get when you disarm honest people.

There was this case a few years ago, when a bunch of crooks went to this old guy's property and demanded he signed over his land to them. They told him they'd be back the day after for the documents. So this old guy just told every one of his workers to not go to work that day, that they had the day off to enjoy themselves. Next day, he locked himself in his house and laid out a few rifles (that he used for hunting) on each side of his house. When the criminals came, he greeted them with gunfire. He took down a few of them (I think around 5 or 6, can't remember) until they took out some grenades and killed him with them.

Now, I'm sure that if every citizen was as brave as this old guy (and as armed, too) the criminals would think twice about showing up and just demanding to take over someone's property.

This old guy deserved to be recognized, to become a national hero for standing up against the criminals that run our country. But his story never reached the national news. I'm sure the politicians don't want other people to take up his example, cause they'd be screwed. Very few people knew about him and most have probably forgotten him by now. But not me.

His name was Alejo Garza Tamez, he was 77 years old and he fought like any of the best soldiers Mexico has ever had (and we did use to have GREAT soldiers once upon a time).

So to sum up all this ranting... never let the government take away your right to own guns and defend yourselves. It might be a good thing for them, but never for the people.

#15 ·
Yeah, and where did they get all the guns? The USA......
Drugs come north, guns and money go south....

I used to travel to Juárez for work. I would stay in a hotel in El Paso and they would send a driver to pick me up and drive me into Mexico to the plant I was working in. I had to be driven back to the USA before nightfall. The city was like a war zone.... police and army armed with rifles everywhere. Even the guy that filled the ATM machine at the plant had three armed guards with him.... After awhile you get used to guns being pointed in your direction.... scary place.

#7 ·
Very cool brother, very cool ! :smiley_th

I used to write to the Warwick Advertiser (sister paper), then gave up....

...and as far as Im concered, in my neighborhood, I AM 911, lol...

#8 ·
So to sum up all this ranting... never let the government take away your right to own guns and defend yourselves. It might be a good thing for them, but never for the people.

Thank You Ceal.

WilliamTech :smiley_th

#9 ·
Good letter Mercury.

And Ceal, a lot of people out there needed to read your response too.

Maybe you've all heard this one...

The average response time Of A 911 call is 23 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

I'm glad we have the Castle Law here, and it needs to stay no matter what.

#13 ·
I like to write to the thumbs up / thumbs down, and I write letters to the editor. Keeps me active during winter months. I had 1600 words, they emailed me back and said I had to cut it down. 500 is what the standard letter to the editor is. But they have this special thing called 'My Turn' a few times a month I think - that is allowed to be about 800 words. Thats where I ended up. It was cool to get posted, I had lots more points, but the majority of it went through.

thanks all!

Kenny

#30 ·
hardyston is nice too... I love NJ, what caused you to move? The ridiculous taxes?

#18 ·
hell i remember unloading shotguns on the hood of my friend's truck in the parking lot of my high school and putting the gun on the rack in the back window and putting the shells back in the box and leaving them on the front seat.and leaving the truck unlocked.this was only 20 years ago,1990 as a matter of fact.

#29 ·
i dont mind clutter, my only important post here is the first one, have a blast guys.

#32 ·
upton ny, is that out on long island? Did the restaurant work out for him... that takes guts I give him credit!

kenny

#33 ·
no,MT. upton.it is upstate,about 45 ninutes south of Utica.and no it didn't work.we did good for 2 years,then a local factory had a layoff.but i learned a lot,and so did he.ironically,he ended up buying the house next door that the origianal owner of the restaurant built.

#36 · (Edited)
#38 ·
1:42 in the 2nd video 5:00 in 2nd video these are the kind of riders that do not deserve a license. These riders give good riders a bad name - sad really. Natural selection is a hell of a thing though. There is a time and a place to ride like that, hawks nest ain't it, ever.

Ill have a new wind screen on for the summer, or may even remove it for the summer and I will take some go pro vids - got the new mount system so the camera dont fly off no more !

Kenny

#39 ·
Unfortunately, those were the only bike vids I was able to find for those locations....was another one too, but on his way up to Bear he was goin up to 125mph on the PIP...sportbikes...I got no use for em...you know how I ride, lol.... >Mr Magoo....

#40 ·
Well then I guess we will have to make some vids this season wont we?

kenny

#41 ·
...you know Im up for it brother...how about Rt 6 from the Bear Mt bridge to Peekskill too...I hated that road when I was driving a big flatbed with concrete manholes to Bedford Hills prison. No air brakes...luckily, a 2 spd rear.

#42 ·
also whats that other one you can ride underneath - palisades parkway? To George Wash if I am not mistaken? Is that Henry Hudson drive? Video of that would be cool too. Drag racing the bikes at Englishtown would be a hoot as well.

kenny

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.