Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

2013 IRON MAIDEN RUN-to-the-HILLS-RUN/Motorcycle May-Hem Weekend

13K views 135 replies 15 participants last post by  ruger 
#1 · (Edited)
OK, people, once again I am taking names for people that are interested in next years (2013) 'Iron Maiden Run-to-the-Hills-Run'/Hocking Hills Spring Poker Run/Hocking Hills Motorcycle Ranch 'Round-Up'/mini Gathering/Motorcycle May-hem Weekend.

for the members who don't know what all this is, here's a rundown for ya....

on the first day is the 'Iron Maiden Run-to-the-Hills-Run'.

this is where a group of us riders/friends ride from Willoughby, Ohio. down to the Hocking Hills of Ohio.

date: May 17, 2013

depart time: 8:30am

arrival time: between 1pm & 2pm

all are welcome to ride with our group, either form start to finish or meet up in route. route is yet to be determined.

on the second day, we do the 'Hocking Hills Spring poker Run'.

date: May 18, 2013

details can be found at; [B][I]www.hockinghillspokerrun.com[/I][/B]

poker run starts at 'Lake Logan', in Logan, Ohio.

if you would like we could meet up at Lake Logan before the Poker Run. also, if you just want to come along for the ride and not do the Poker Run, that is fine too, we have had members do that in the past too.

on the third day, the 'Hocking Hills Motorcycle Ranch' holds its 'Round-Up'

date: May 19, 2013

more details can be found at; www.hockinghillsmotorcycleranch.com

here's last years info;

* HHMR Round-Up
Sunday, May 20, 2012
Free spaces will be available for those wanting to bring motorcycle pieces/parts/stuff to sell....get rid of what you don't need so you can buy what you don't need but want!!! LOL

-Bike Show!
$10 per bike. Registration 10am-12noon. Judging 1pm-2pm. Awards 3pm.

-Patch Day!
Buy a new patch or bring your own and let Wayne "Soulman" Bowman stitch his magic.

-Live Music!
The Tommy James Band will be here to play classic rock, country rock and favorite rock of today!

-Food!
Chelle's Angels will provide food with proceeds to benefit the Lighthouse
(a shelter & crisis assistance center for victims of domestic violence).

-Biker Blessing!
Our friends from Knights of His Majesty and 2nd Thieves will be here to bless individuals and groups!

-In store specials!
20% off in-stock tour packs
30% off in-stock clearance items
20% off HHMR shop shirts/HHMR sweatshirts

all 3 days are a real blast! if anyone is interested in any of these evens and has any ?'s, please feel free to ask here or email me at farkyw@yahoo.com

in the past, we (the wife, I and friends) have met up with members on here and rented cabins/Lodges, for-what I like to call 'Motorcycle May-hem Weekend'- in May.
so, we are taking names for anyone who would like to join us and rent a Lodge for the weekend. I know it seems really early, but if I wait until after the first of the year, everything get booked up! so we have to do it sooner the then and that means we got to do it now! lol

so, here you go Denny6006. one more ride plan for 2013. :rockon:

See less See more
#2 ·
OK, people, once again I am taking names for people that are interested in next years (2013) 'Iron Maiden Run-to-the-Hills-Run'/Hocking Hills Spring Poker Run/Hocking Hills Motorcycle Ranch 'Round-Up'/mini Gathering/Motorcycle May-ham Weekend.

for the members who don't know what all this is, here's a rundown for ya....

on the first day is the 'Iron Maiden Run-to-the-Hills-Run'.

this is where a group of us riders/friends ride from Willoughby, Ohio. down to the Hocking Hills of Ohio.

date: May 17, 2013

depart time: 8:30am

arrival time: between 1pm & 2pm

all are welcome to ride with our group, either form start to finish or meet up in route. route is yet to be determined.

on the second day, we do the 'Hocking Hills Spring poker Run'.

date: May 18, 2013

details can be found at; [B][I]www.hockinghillspokerrun.com[/I][/B]

poker run starts at 'Lake Logan', in Logan, Ohio.

if you would like we could meet up at Lake Logan before the Poker Run. also, if you just want to come along for the ride and not do the Poker Run, that is fine too, we have had members do that in the past too.

on the third day, the 'Hocking Hills Motorcycle Ranch' holds its 'Round-Up'

date: May 19, 2013

more details can be found at; www.hockinghillsmotorcycleranch.com

here's last years info;

* HHMR Round-Up
Sunday, May 20, 2012
Free spaces will be available for those wanting to bring motorcycle pieces/parts/stuff to sell....get rid of what you don't need so you can buy what you don't need but want!!! LOL

-Bike Show!
$10 per bike. Registration 10am-12noon. Judging 1pm-2pm. Awards 3pm.

-Patch Day!
Buy a new patch or bring your own and let Wayne "Soulman" Bowman stitch his magic.

-Live Music!
The Tommy James Band will be here to play classic rock, country rock and favorite rock of today!

-Food!
Chelle's Angels will provide food with proceeds to benefit the Lighthouse
(a shelter & crisis assistance center for victims of domestic violence).

-Biker Blessing!
Our friends from Knights of His Majesty and 2nd Thieves will be here to bless individuals and groups!

-In store specials!
20% off in-stock tour packs
30% off in-stock clearance items
20% off HHMR shop shirts/HHMR sweatshirts

all 3 days are a real blast! if anyone is interested in any of these evens and has any ?'s, please feel free to ask here or email me at farkyw@yahoo.com

in the past, we (the wife, I and friends) have met up with members on here and rented cabins/Lodges, for-what I like to call 'Motorcycle May-hem Weekend'- in May.
so, we are taking names for anyone who would like to join us and rent a Lodge for the weekend. I know it seems really early, but if I wait until after the first of the year, everything get booked up! so we have to do it sooner the then and that means we got to do it now! lol

so, here you go Denny6006. one more ride plan for 2013. :rockon:

I'm in, :smiley_th

#7 ·
denny6006, you're on the list! will there be a "+1" ? just need to know for head count.

this looks badass, why does it always end up on the same weekend as rock on the range??????
wib, ROCK ON bro! you will be missed! (again)

Well you know we're in!
kanuck69, you're on the list!

Would definitely be worth the ride if Iron Maiden was actually gonna be there. Love that group!
blazblu82, I agree! I LOVE Iron Maiden! that would be TOO COOL! LOL

damn all the good stuff happens up there lol

new rider 9984, sometimes I feel the same way about "down there"! lol

everyone, what do you think about this place?

www.hockinghills.com/serenitycabins/hiddenvalley.html

will this be big enough? lol

#3 ·
this looks badass, why does it always end up on the same weekend as rock on the range??????

#8 ·
Ltms, looks like all the other awesome cabins we've stayed at.
As long as we're in the same price rangs as previous, there should be no problem.
Looks like 5 couples would get us there, but more the merrier!

#10 ·
yes! I agree! I would like to keep it in the same price range as last year(2012). if we can get enough people to "commit" we will go for the bigger one. if not, I think we will just book the one we had last year (2012). but you know the group gets bigger every year! lol

I doubt the plus one this year.It's easier to just keep up with my plans and not worry about getting someone else to commit to a long term plan for anything.So count me as 1.
that's cool! I understand. ok, you're down for 1.
right now we stand at 9 people. we have yet to hear back from Stacy,cowboy,Bob and Honey-Sue. we also asked 1 another friend over summer if he was in and he said "yup". but we have not heard from him since.

#9 ·
I doubt the plus one this year.It's easier to just keep up with my plans and not worry about getting someone else to commit to a long term plan for anything.So count me as 1.

#11 ·
Lol, you didn't scare him away did you?! Lol

It would be cool to have a BIG group, but what every comes of it is good.
Do you think the 9 are good or do you thing it's a maybe?

Dam it, now I'm getting ancy again. ;)

#13 · (Edited)
UPDATE:
the wife got a text back from Stacy that said all 4 are in. so I believe we are looking a 13 people right now for May of 2013! that would be 13 for '13! lol
so do you guys that went last year(2012) think the lodge we stayed at would be big enough for 13 people?

I just check on "Grand Tara Lodge"......yup, it's booked! blast!

#14 ·
Yeah,it would be. If I end up on a couch I'll be alright and if more sign on ,I don't care to run out to the Budget Inn,since I don't drink and can ride back out there with no problems. Go for it. I'd say some will probably end up having to cancel before then anyway. I actually liked that lodge really well.

#15 · (Edited)
Dont be surprised if a few from the Wolf Pack show up...we've been talkin about it.
How'd y'all like ta see yer distant cuzins ????...lol...

Thing is though, if we show, we hope some might make Krissy's Pig Roast/3 Days of Mayhem (first ever, org by me) in Deposit NY...or at least the 3 days of Strange Days in Vernon, NJ...... ;)

#16 ·
If you do you'll never be the same!!!!!!Wait a minute,you all ain't normal already ;) should fit right in:)

#17 ·
Wait a minute,you all ain't normal already should fit right in
Thanks, brother...I take that as a compliment..... :smiley_th:beerchug:

If I ever get "normal" or "yuppieized"...someone shoot me. please....

#18 ·
Century, I do not think your supplies will be needed.

:smiley_th

#20 ·
How many does last years cabin sleep? I don't remember & I'm sure you've got the info handy, lol.

We definitely were not crowded.

To all who Re thronging of coming in for the occasion, there is lots of local lodging near by & the ride is always a blast on Saturday. So if your thinking of showing up... Do it!

You won't regret the trip!

#21 ·
^ yup,what he said! ^

the Hocking Hills of Ohio, have all kinds of lodging. everything from primitive camping to huge Lodges (for Glamping)! lol

last years (2012) Lodge we had 12 people. the Lodge has 5 bed rooms and 7 full beds. so, as of right now, we have 13 people wanting to go. if we stick with 13, everyone will get a bed!

#25 ·
hey bj31702, long time no see/read on here! nice to hear/read from ya. lol
I am too! you know it will be here before you know it! it really does come up fast.

oh yea count me andthe wife in. If we,re aloud to come an play too.

well, I don't know......I'm just kidding. yes, I have already counted you two in. on our end, you guys are always welcome to come out and play.

we will need to make some plans to get together and talk more about how we want to do it again next year. do you think the wife would ride that far or would she rather drive? do you think we will need a trailer? I believe we are going to book the same lodge as last time. everyone seemed to like it and it seemed big enough.

#26 ·
The only way the wife would ride that far would be on back roads at lower speeds. She doesn't care for the long slab rides. She will more then likely drive the exploder down. I might look into buying a trailer

#27 ·
I thinking that some people might want to go all back roads next time we make the trip. I have started looking into back road routes. this is something that I think we would talk about when/if we have a get together. I don think Patty would have a problem with it either. but if some one was to pull a trailer, then they may want to just go all freeway to help save on gas. that's what happened with Patty and JD when they were pulling a trailer the one year we stayed at "Duffy's Lodge". remember, they stayed on the freeway and we took back roads the rest of the way in. also we hooked up with Kanuck69 and wife in route.
I think if we take all back roads down next year, we can work our way down to Zanesville and meet up with Kanuck69 and wife and then head the to the Lodge from there. just a thought. we will see what the others have to say about it.

#28 ·
Dang you guys are making me jealous. Wish I lived a couple of thousand miles closer to y'all, and had a garage to work in this winter to do a bunch of maintenance and mods to my scoot. It sounds like you are going to have a blast down in the Hills. Rock On!! :rockon::pepper:

#31 ·
update; we got a text from Stacy last night. she said that they have friend, "Ed", who wants to go too. if "Ed" goes, that will but us up to 14 people!

#33 ·
Easy there Blaine ,this ole boy don't roll like that.:)l

#35 ·
Hocking Hills is only about 50 miles from me, might be able to make it over there for a day.

The link for the poker run isn't working, anyone have a good link for it?

Edit: I got it, took out the html tags for bold/italic and it worked.

http://www.hockinghillspokerrun.com/aws/FHHSP/pt/sp/pokerrun
Come on over and meet some of the group from here on the forum,It's a good bunch of people and you probably know the poker run rte. better than us :)

#37 ·
Yeah, sounds good denny, get to meet some of the crew and check out the Vulcans. Used to get over there every Fall, but haven't been since the 90s. I probably only remember the main routes, but still know how to find The Devil's Washtub, Fat Woman's Squeeze, Rock House, and all the rest. Don't figure there will be much hiking the trails though.

Might even get some friends to ride over with me. You guys don't discriminate against Harley and Suzuki do ya? Just kiddin' :p

I'll probably plan to go for the day of the poker run, then head home before dark. One day at a time is about the most I can handle, that little ride will be pushing it for me, especially that early in the season.

Used to get over near Inez once in a while for work, but that's been a real long time too.
We don't care what they ride,most people think my 1500 is a Harley at first glance anyways. Why did you do that would bring you to Inez?

#39 ·
UP DATE; and I am afraid it's not a good one. doh!

well, here we go AGAIN! the lodge we booked last year, is booked and not by me!

so, once again, I have to scramble to find a place to stay. I really really really, didn't want to have to go through this again this year. BLAST!

#41 ·
well, if I can't find anything, you can just come down for the day and do the run with us too.
at this point I just might book us (the wife and I) a room at the Budget Inn!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.