Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

Jet Size Question

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  93VN750 
#1 ·
I am planning on doing the Ear Shave mod, degoating, and coasters on my bike and have a question about the jet size.

I have figured out that I need 40 for the Pilots and 140 for the front main jet. Those seem to be the most successful combination.

The part I am confused is that when using 140 for the front some riders are using 142 for the rear cylinder.

What is the reasoning behind putting a larger jet in the back then the front.

Also for those of you that have done these mods. What are your mixture screws set at?

Thanks
JamieB

#2 ·
Jamie -

The reason I understand is that the rear cylinder runs hotter than the front so it requires more gas.

I have the 40/140, 40/142 jets on order and should come in next week. Should have bike up and running again by the week of the 18th.

I will let you know how it runs then.

I already had my mixture screws out about 2 1/4 turns due to degoating. Putting on aftermarket pipes now so should be about the same.

Jon

#3 ·
93VN750 said:
The reason I understand is that the rear cylinder runs hotter than the front so it requires more gas.
Jon
Correct!! It seems to run just everso slightly hotter. it will run ok with the 140/140 set up, but the rear really wants the 142.

#4 ·
Thanks guys. That helps alot. :notworthy

Jon I envy you.
Even though I plan on rejetting the carbs after x-mas it won't be warm enough to ride here until February or March. That is unless I want were so many clothes that I can barely move and risk riding on ice.

Where did you order your jets from?

#5 ·
JamieB said:
Thanks guys. That helps alot. :notworthy

Jon I envy you.
Even though I plan on rejetting the carbs after x-mas it won't be warm enough to ride here until February or March. That is unless I want were so many clothes that I can barely move and risk riding on ice.

Where did you order your jets from?
Jamie -

Motorcylecarbs.com. 4 jets and pack of shims = $ 31.85 shipped.

Sudco now has a 4 piece per size minimum so they were out.

I spent 40 years freezing my you know whats off, thats why I moved to Florida. Looks like a high of 77 and low of 59 today!

Jon

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.