easy adjust thumb pilot screw - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Carbs and Fuel System
From the gas tank to the carbs
All fuel system discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-08-2017, 08:13 AM Thread Starter

Garage
easy adjust thumb pilot screw

Just bought a thumb screw pilot adjuster for the bike and does not seem to be long enough to pass the vacuum pipe coming out next to the screw hole, Has anybody else experienced the same problem and can it be solved ?

Vn 750 A2 1986 rebuilt engine, crank shaft, half casing,shell bearings,con rods,rear cylinder head,oil pump,water pump ,(had ceased bearing rusted up),tie bar upgrade,clutch basket drilled,front cylinder cam chains,toc springs,stator,shaved, rectifier,agm battery,solenoid ,starter motor (used) re-spray ongoing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-09-2017, 04:52 PM

only thing I could think would be to make the screw head smaller, which unfortunately defeats the purpose a bit. where did you get the screws from? I've been interested in those for a while now

Earshave+Rejet (38/135) – NGK Iridiums – MCCT Conversion – Slipstreamer S03 Windshield – Custom Extended Backrest – Custom Highway Bars – MOSFET R/R – LED Underglow – Volt+USB In-Dash – Two-Wire & Blue-Wire Mod – Satin Black Engine Paint – Dampers Parts - Jets: Main=99101-393(#132 stock)/Pilot=n424-22 Pilot(#38 stock)
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-10-2017, 06:56 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Got them off ebay , A few people sell them but they need to be a bit longer to fit. Shame really, I could grind down thumb screw but these brass screws will be spoilt.

Vn 750 A2 1986 rebuilt engine, crank shaft, half casing,shell bearings,con rods,rear cylinder head,oil pump,water pump ,(had ceased bearing rusted up),tie bar upgrade,clutch basket drilled,front cylinder cam chains,toc springs,stator,shaved, rectifier,agm battery,solenoid ,starter motor (used) re-spray ongoing.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-11-2017, 03:55 AM Thread Starter

Garage
well I have sat and thought about it and I think if I grind knurled head of screw at 45 degrees I can get it to fit and still retain the shape as I only need to grind half of the screw head away, no good as it is anyway!.

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-11-2017, 09:06 AM
Old Fart

Garage
My only question is why you need "easy adjust" screws? I'd think that once you set them you'd never have to do it again...
Also a large (heavier) screw would be more apt to loosen do to vibration.

I would however like to have adjustable main jets

If You Are Not Sure If I Am Joking or Not....I AM !!Photos:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/knifemaker1954/sets/
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-11-2017, 09:23 AM Thread Starter

Garage
well I set my pilots to colour of spark plugs and I am always tweaking them, just me fiddling really.

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-27-2018, 08:17 PM
Diesel Tech

Does the plug need to be at the end or is that just a tamper-prevention for emissions?

1989 VN750
Highway blaster

2006 Honda Rebel Diesel
100mpg, low and slow

1982 Mercedes 300D
Modified engine, 4-speed manual
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-31-2018, 05:48 AM Thread Starter

Garage
I removed tamper plug when I did ear shave ,these adjust screws are substitute idle items.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement