Carbs and Fuel System
From the gas tank to the carbs
All fuel system discussion

1Likes
  • 1 Post By michiganteddybear

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-19-2017, 03:50 PM Thread Starter

Gas Tank Line Help

So recently, I've crashed my 750, and I am having trouble finding where line marked '702' on the gas tank diagram connects to, I cannot find any loose lines, so I am wondering where exactly would this connect to,
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1986vn750a2us_f2410.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	12.0 KB
ID:	39473  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-19-2017, 05:03 PM
Super Moderator

on a non california emissions model, the only fitting on the bottom/rear of the tank connects to a hose that goes down to vent out below the bikes frame (its the fuel tank vent).

california emissions have 2 fittings, one for the same vent as above, and one for the charcoal cannister that they had

2005 VN750

Sold 11-27-17
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-19-2017, 05:11 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganteddybear View Post
on a non california emissions model, the only fitting on the bottom/rear of the tank connects to a hose that goes down to vent out below the bikes frame (its the fuel tank vent).

california emissions have 2 fittings, one for the same vent as above, and one for the charcoal cannister that they had
I'm not sure if this bike is California or not, just know that after I crashed and tried to pick up the bike, I had to let it lay on its right side, and it would slowly drip gasoline out that tube, so I'm not sure if it needs to be reconnected to something, or does it just sit on its own.

On that note, where would the fuel line be on the gas tank? Because on that diagram that 702 tube seems like the only outlet. If this is the only opening I see, and some gas cap leakage, is it safe to attempt to start just to see if it still runs?

Last edited by SergheiS; 07-19-2017 at 06:19 PM.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-19-2017, 10:12 PM
Super Moderator

the fuel outlet (petcock is on left side of tank, bottom). stock unit has 3 hoses, 2 for feeding fuel to carbs, one from left side carb's vacuum port to enable the valve in petcock to open and allow fuel flow.

if the tank was fairly full, its entirely possible to get fuel out of the vent line if the bikes on the side. that vent hose is only connected on one end (to nipple on fuel tank, near the seat). other end is open
SergheiS likes this.

2005 VN750

Sold 11-27-17
Sponsored Links
Advertisement