Creamy white stuff coming out of my p-cock - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Carbs and Fuel System
From the gas tank to the carbs
All fuel system discussion

3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-10-2016, 05:22 PM Thread Starter
I'm a rider

Garage
Creamy white stuff coming out of my p-cock

I had some nasty issues with the 88 I just bought's gas tank as some have seen. I got a new tank, but had to use the old hardware. I found out after 1 single short ride.... I needed to do some work.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	thumb_20160809_140754_1024.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	80.9 KB
ID:	33546   Click image for larger version

Name:	thumb_20160809_134919_1024.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	97.0 KB
ID:	33554   Click image for larger version

Name:	thumb_20160809_112455_1024.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	33562   Click image for larger version

Name:	thumb_20160809_140946_1024.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	70.9 KB
ID:	33570   Click image for larger version

Name:	thumb_20160809_113420_1024.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	97.0 KB
ID:	33578  

1981 KZ750
1988 Vulcan VN750 (red)
2005 Vulcan VN750 (silver)
(2) 1994 Vulcan VN750 (red)

Engineering solutions for the VN750 Community.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-10-2016, 05:24 PM Thread Starter
I'm a rider

Garage
more...........
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	thumb_20160809_143935_1024.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	33618   Click image for larger version

Name:	thumb_20160809_144138_1024.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	73.7 KB
ID:	33626   Click image for larger version

Name:	thumb_20160809_141641_1024.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	86.4 KB
ID:	33634   Click image for larger version

Name:	thumb_20160809_144104_1024.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	94.9 KB
ID:	33642   Click image for larger version

Name:	thumb_20160809_140946_1024.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	52.8 KB
ID:	33650  

1981 KZ750
1988 Vulcan VN750 (red)

Last edited by One1; 08-10-2016 at 05:26 PM.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-10-2016, 05:31 PM Thread Starter
I'm a rider

Garage
Apparently in no particular order...........
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	thumb_20160809_144029_1024.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	33658   Click image for larger version

Name:	thumb_20160809_142642_1024.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	77.0 KB
ID:	33666   Click image for larger version

Name:	thumb_20160809_142500_001_1024.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	103.3 KB
ID:	33674  

1981 KZ750
1988 Vulcan VN750 (red)

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-10-2016, 05:40 PM

Dried corn syrup.

Flarping ethanol, ratsa-fratsa-mumma-puggas!

If you catch it before it dries, it looks like snot.
One1 likes this.

2003-21k mi
Shaved w/UniPK92+Stock Jets-TPE/MOSFET-Shinko Tires-AGM batt-bags-chrome-LEDs...more
__________________________________________________ ____________
Repair Manual: http://www.mediafire.com/file/mj7z81..._Catalogue.pdf

Owner's Manual: http://www.mediafire.com/file/nscb5f...ers+Manual.pdf
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-12-2016, 10:51 PM
Alpha Geek

Oh man, you're being sarcastic right? Not another ethanol foilhatter, lol... Do you walk on a flat earth too?

One1, that's simple aluminum corrosion from water. Does the photo on the right here look familiar? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aluminium_oxide

Moisture, i.e. water, i.e. bad gas or weather exposure and sitting causes that. Ethanol actually helps prevent it by binding with water and pulling it out of your tank harmlessly with the gas. That's why HEET and other gas "dryers" are.... ethanol. It can only bind so much water as an azeotrope, though, before the water falls out of suspension and collects in low spots (left side of tank and petcock, float bowls especially on the left side). Kinda like how brake fluid can absorb moisture and darkens until it reaches its saturation point, then excess water pools in your calipers and pits the pistons (on the left side).

Sources:
Tuned more sets of vn750 carbs than most anyone but Lance (RIP) and majored in chemistry with honors, pre-med.

Last edited by Hexadecimus; 09-12-2016 at 10:55 PM.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-12-2016, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hexadecimus View Post
Oh man, you're being sarcastic right? Not another ethanol foilhatter, lol... Do you walk on a flat earth too?

One1, that's simple aluminum corrosion from water. Does the photo on the right here look familiar? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aluminium_oxide

Moisture, i.e. water, i.e. bad gas or weather exposure and sitting causes that. Ethanol actually helps prevent it by binding with water and pulling it out of your tank harmlessly with the gas. That's why HEET and other gas "dryers" are.... ethanol. It can only bind so much water as an azeotrope, though, before the water falls out of suspension and collects in low spots (left side of tank and petcock, float bowls especially on the left side). Kinda like how brake fluid can absorb moisture and darkens until it reaches its saturation point, then excess water pools in your calipers and pits the pistons (on the left side).

Sources:
Tuned more sets of vn750 carbs than most anyone but Lance (RIP) and majored in chemistry with honors, pre-med.

Have to assume the assload of sarcasm is directed at me.

No foil hattery but yes, ethanol sucks. I know because I've seen and dealt with too much of it. Problems are much, much worse with ethanol in the gas. I don't have to convince you, matters not to me what you believe in. However, repeatedly posting inaccurate 'information' all over the board is not cool at all.

You part of the corn lobby too, 'doctor'?

2003-21k mi
Shaved w/UniPK92+Stock Jets-TPE/MOSFET-Shinko Tires-AGM batt-bags-chrome-LEDs...more

Last edited by Spockster; 09-12-2016 at 11:07 PM.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-12-2016, 11:04 PM

Garage
I think that's only a problem if it come out to early.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-13-2016, 12:47 AM
Alpha Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spockster View Post
Have to assume the assload of sarcasm is directed at me.

No foil hattery but yes, ethanol sucks. I know because I've seen and dealt with too much of it. Problems are much, much worse with ethanol in the gas. I don't have to convince you, matters not to me what you believe in. However, repeatedly posting inaccurate 'information' all over the board is not cool at all.

You part of the corn lobby too, 'doctor'?
Firstly, chill with the swearing and everything. Family friendly forum, right? You're sounding like a word I shouldn't say on here.

So, what am I "repeatedly posting" "all over the board" that's so "not cool at all"? No, ethanol is not the problem. "I know because I've seen and dealt with enough of it". You don't seem to know who you're talking to or you wouldn't be so dismissive of my experience and training. What is it with conspiracy nutters and their contempt for actual scientific knowledge and training anyway?

Saying you don't have anyone to convince is the last resort cop-out of those who don't have any of that fancy "evidence" to prove anything and don't know what they're talking about, and probably couldn't pass a high school level test on it. The burden of proof lies on he who makes the claim, so please do explain to someone as dumb and misguided as myself just how ethanol does that. And feel free to include how C8H18 + Al + EtOH -> Al2O3. I'll make the popcorn. And when you're done, maybe I'll get out the crayons to explain how atoms an molecules interact in the real world rather than this "common sense" ethanol mumbo jumbo. You're operating with a level of understanding akin to humorism.

Or maybe I'm wrong. Gosh, I'm so glad you came along to debunk all those fancy "engineers" and other "scientists" who get paid hundreds of thousands or millions of bucks a year after studying for years and decades. You clearly are who they should have hired instead to save all that cash, especially with that team-oriented friendly demeanor and respect for others.

And yeah, there are those who might call me "doctor" or even "doctor hex", and it's a name that came unasked for after a lot of hard work to earn the knowledge I have--in books, practical labs, and with wrenches--so that really isn't an insult, lol.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	SD6 rear view censored plate 33 percent.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	34145  

post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-13-2016, 01:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hexadecimus View Post
Firstly, chill with the swearing and everything. Family friendly forum, right? You're sounding like a word I shouldn't say on here.

So, what am I "repeatedly posting" "all over the board" that's so "not cool at all"? No, ethanol is not the problem. "I know because I've seen and dealt with enough of it". You don't seem to know who you're talking to or you wouldn't be so dismissive of my experience and training. What is it with conspiracy nutters and their contempt for actual scientific knowledge and training anyway?

Saying you don't have anyone to convince is the last resort cop-out of those who don't have any of that fancy "evidence" to prove anything and don't know what they're talking about, and probably couldn't pass a high school level test on it. The burden of proof lies on he who makes the claim, so please do explain to someone as dumb and misguided as myself just how ethanol does that. And feel free to include how C8H18 + Al + EtOH -> Al2O3. I'll make the popcorn. And when you're done, maybe I'll get out the crayons to explain how atoms an molecules interact in the real world rather than this "common sense" ethanol mumbo jumbo. You're operating with a level of understanding akin to humorism.

Or maybe I'm wrong. Gosh, I'm so glad you came along to debunk all those fancy "engineers" and other "scientists" who get paid hundreds of thousands or millions of bucks a year after studying for years and decades. You clearly are who they should have hired instead to save all that cash, especially with that team-oriented friendly demeanor and respect for others.

And yeah, there are those who might call me "doctor" or even "doctor hex", and it's a name that came unasked for after a lot of hard work to earn the knowledge I have--in books, practical labs, and with wrenches--so that really isn't an insult, lol.
Yeah yeah, I know.

I could make a lot of valid points in a long-winded post like yours, but then you'd just ignore it and lay down some more sarcasm backed by more bragging of time spent in school. Don't know exactly what your deal is, but I have some ideas.

You lost all respect with your sarcastic opening comments.

Tell me why marinas bother to sell only ethanol-free gas and why people willingly pay more to get it. Or why small engine manufacturers recommend e-free. Why are there gas pumps in other places with e-free? I may be the only one posting to you about it, but I assure you, you are in the minority with your beliefs.

Real world experience trumps education more often than you'll ever admit.

Midwest eh, hmm, yup, corn lobby. So what do you do when you're not out shilling for corn?

Believe it or not, ass is not a four-letter word. But you sure as HELL think it's fine to toss out words like nutter, tin foil hatter, and WTF ever else was in your dripping sarcastic posts to me. All that alleged education and not one iota of tact. Really full of yourself, aren't you. Seeya, wouldn't wanna be ya!

2003-21k mi

post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-13-2016, 01:23 AM

PS - I don't really give a flyin' F who, or what, you think you are!

Goodnight honey.

2003-21k mi

Sponsored Links
Advertisement