Help with hooking up throttle cables - Page 2 - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Carbs and Fuel System
From the gas tank to the carbs
All fuel system discussion

 1Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-15-2016, 08:28 PM
Concert connoisseur
 
wib714's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: chillicothe, ohio
Posts: 2,226
iTrader: (3)
   
Garage
do the deceleration or push first then the acceleration. I did mine three times the other day. I installed the carbs on the left side hooking the choke up first, buttoned up the carbs then installed the cables. it can be done
Jb87 likes this.

1986 vn 750 aka "Huck Farley"
42,000 miles
Rick's stator and rr
Tuxedo stator cover mod
pickup coil mod
dampers replaced
agm m/f battery
Harley sportster exhaust, degoated
Hid conversion
splines lubed
custom "vn750.com" grill cover
NGK Iridium spark plugs


acct to mcct mod https://www.vn750.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17917

rekeying locks, https://www.vn750.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7309

stator replacement walkthrough, https://www.vn750.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11369
wib714 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-17-2016, 01:18 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: East Alton, IL
Posts: 14
iTrader: (0)
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by OleDirtyDoc View Post
Jdvorchak,do you know if the front exhaust pipes off a 1200 bolt to the 1100 heads?am thinking up a custom exhaust and don't want to chop up a stock gl1100 exhaust($$$)
Pretty sure they don't. Check out the naked goldwings forum and ask there. I'm very active there and lots of guys do mods. Post your question in the tech forum.
GoldWing Tech Discussions - NGWClub®, Inc.
jdvorchak is offline  
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-17-2016, 10:34 PM
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
 
OleDirtyDoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Norwich,NY
Posts: 15,812
iTrader: (0)
     
Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to OleDirtyDoc
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdvorchak View Post
Pretty sure they don't. Check out the naked goldwings forum and ask there. I'm very active there and lots of guys do mods. Post your question in the tech forum.
GoldWing Tech Discussions - NGWClub®, Inc.
Will join.have lurked there a little. Thank you.are you under the same screen name?

ONE RATS ASS GIVEN PER POST
Support your local FREEBIRDS MC
1986/5 Vn700/750 Frankenfook cross eyed bitch "Mellisa Fayhe"
I am a BIKER and i'm proud.FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY

lowered with progessive 412 10" shocks
rejetted for K/N Pods part#rc 2340
sportster seat

'I didn't lose my mind.i gave it away

BRING BACK WOLFIE."Peace and Carrots"RIP
"And I'm free...as a bird"John Lennon Free as a Bird
"I only carry when I have my pants on"Joe Robinson RIP aka Old Dog
OleDirtyDoc is online now  
 
post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-18-2016, 08:52 AM
Members who have donated towards server costs
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Chandler, Arizona
Posts: 2,713
iTrader: (0)
 
You only need the acceleration cable. And it is REAL easy to install. I've been running mine with only one cable for tens of thousands of miles with no problems. The decel cable was supposed to be a safety device, but can actually make things worse if it sticks or binds. Just use the acceleration cable (the one that opens the throttle) and keep it well lubed.

I am a motorcyclist, NOT a biker.


1997 Vulcan 750, purchased about a week ago
2006 Sportster 1200 Low
2013 Royal Enfield Bullet 500, converted to carb
2001 Yamaha XT225, heavily modified
2004 Honda Rebel 250
1979 Vespa P200E
2002 Vulcan 750 parts bike
1994 Yamaha XT225 parts bike
VN750Rider/Jerry is offline  
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-18-2016, 09:57 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: East Alton, IL
Posts: 14
iTrader: (0)
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by OleDirtyDoc View Post
Will join.have lurked there a little. Thank you.are you under the same screen name?
Yes jdvorchak. Hope to see you on the NGW site.
jdvorchak is offline  
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-18-2016, 09:59 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: East Alton, IL
Posts: 14
iTrader: (0)
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by VN750Rider/Jerry View Post
You only need the acceleration cable. And it is REAL easy to install. I've been running mine with only one cable for tens of thousands of miles with no problems. The decel cable was supposed to be a safety device, but can actually make things worse if it sticks or binds. Just use the acceleration cable (the one that opens the throttle) and keep it well lubed.
Note that Kawasaki only started using that Push cable when Fed regulations dictated it. None of my inline 4 Kawi's have that push cable. Only the pull cable. I was hesitant to mention that being a new member here.
jdvorchak is offline  
post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-18-2016, 12:21 PM
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
 
OleDirtyDoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Norwich,NY
Posts: 15,812
iTrader: (0)
     
Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to OleDirtyDoc
Quote:
Originally Posted by VN750Rider/Jerry View Post
You only need the acceleration cable. And it is REAL easy to install. I've been running mine with only one cable for tens of thousands of miles with no problems. The decel cable was supposed to be a safety device, but can actually make things worse if it sticks or binds. Just use the acceleration cable (the one that opens the throttle) and keep it well lubed.
No way!!!an area on your bike that isn't how the fine engineers at Kawasaki designed it?say it isn't so.

ONE RATS ASS GIVEN PER POST
Support your local FREEBIRDS MC
1986/5 Vn700/750 Frankenfook cross eyed bitch "Mellisa Fayhe"
I am a BIKER and i'm proud.FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY

lowered with progessive 412 10" shocks
rejetted for K/N Pods part#rc 2340
sportster seat

'I didn't lose my mind.i gave it away

BRING BACK WOLFIE."Peace and Carrots"RIP
"And I'm free...as a bird"John Lennon Free as a Bird
"I only carry when I have my pants on"Joe Robinson RIP aka Old Dog
OleDirtyDoc is online now  
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-19-2016, 09:42 AM
Members who have donated towards server costs
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Chandler, Arizona
Posts: 2,713
iTrader: (0)
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by OleDirtyDoc View Post
No way!!!an area on your bike that isn't how the fine engineers at Kawasaki designed it?say it isn't so.
As everyone knows, there are many things on the VN750 that weren't properly engineered, like no stator access, the balancer system, the cam chain tensioners, even the flimsy toolbox door.

I have two Yamaha XT225s. a 1994 model that I ride, which only has one throttle cable, and a nearly complete 2001 parts bike (with a 3000 mile motor) that has 2 throttle cables. I'm inclined to believe this is due to more govt meddling in a place that definitely does not need it. Someday ABS will be mandatory, then crash avoidance systems, and finally complete computer control of the bike, making the rider useless other than to just set there and enjoy? the ride.

Just about everybody here has seriously modified their bikes, so I don't see an issue. With a properly lubricated acceleration cable in good condition, and no decel cable, the throttle will feel a lot better, and be easier to control. And it will snap closed easily when released.

I am a motorcyclist, NOT a biker.


1997 Vulcan 750, purchased about a week ago
2006 Sportster 1200 Low
2013 Royal Enfield Bullet 500, converted to carb
2001 Yamaha XT225, heavily modified
2004 Honda Rebel 250
1979 Vespa P200E
2002 Vulcan 750 parts bike
1994 Yamaha XT225 parts bike
VN750Rider/Jerry is offline  
post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-19-2016, 11:20 AM
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
 
OleDirtyDoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Norwich,NY
Posts: 15,812
iTrader: (0)
     
Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to OleDirtyDoc
Quote:
Originally Posted by VN750Rider/Jerry View Post
As everyone knows, there are many things on the VN750 that weren't properly engineered, like no stator access, the balancer system, the cam chain tensioners, even the flimsy toolbox door.

I have two Yamaha XT225s. a 1994 model that I ride, which only has one throttle cable, and a nearly complete 2001 parts bike (with a 3000 mile motor) that has 2 throttle cables. I'm inclined to believe this is due to more govt meddling in a place that definitely does not need it. Someday ABS will be mandatory, then crash avoidance systems, and finally complete computer control of the bike, making the rider useless other than to just set there and enjoy? the ride.

Just about everybody here has seriously modified their bikes, so I don't see an issue. With a properly lubricated acceleration cable in good condition, and no decel cable, the throttle will feel a lot better, and be easier to control. And it will snap closed easily when released.
Jerry just busting your chops,hence the

ONE RATS ASS GIVEN PER POST
Support your local FREEBIRDS MC
1986/5 Vn700/750 Frankenfook cross eyed bitch "Mellisa Fayhe"
I am a BIKER and i'm proud.FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY

lowered with progessive 412 10" shocks
rejetted for K/N Pods part#rc 2340
sportster seat

'I didn't lose my mind.i gave it away

BRING BACK WOLFIE."Peace and Carrots"RIP
"And I'm free...as a bird"John Lennon Free as a Bird
"I only carry when I have my pants on"Joe Robinson RIP aka Old Dog
OleDirtyDoc is online now  
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-19-2016, 12:48 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 10
iTrader: (0)
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by VN750Rider/Jerry View Post
You only need the acceleration cable. And it is REAL easy to install. I've been running mine with only one cable for tens of thousands of miles with no problems. The decel cable was supposed to be a safety device, but can actually make things worse if it sticks or binds. Just use the acceleration cable (the one that opens the throttle) and keep it well lubed.

Question to anyone who has done this, did you remove the decel cable altogether, or just rig it up somewhere out of the way?
jkanclark is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Once registered, your User Name"cannot be changed". We can make exceptions within 7 days, but after that, it is set in stone.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome