initial fuel mix screw post rebuild - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Carbs and Fuel System
From the gas tank to the carbs
All fuel system discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-28-2008, 10:28 PM Thread Starter

Question initial fuel mix screw post rebuild

Rebuilt carbs installed, petcock rebuilt, new vac line for missing one front carb to petcock, new gas line for cracked rear carb line, all missing hose clamps replaced, new vac line to right air box cut at 45, new air cleaner elements in replaced missing ears, tank cleaned out, installed new AGM MF battery.
Don't think I've missed anything, I checked float chamber levels roughly by using an unmarked clear tube, the rear drained slightly more fuel than the front but seem to be fairly close to reference screw top (per clymer's). Should that be close enough or do I need to be more precise?
Now I need to set the mixtue screws and see if it runs. Is the initial set 2 1/2 turns out? or what? If it will not start go out more or in? After getting it running smooth (positive thinking) then sync, where is the sync adjustment screw anyway?
3z
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-29-2008, 12:07 AM

Sounds like you've been busy.

Comes from the factory 1 5/8 turns out, if I'm not mistaken. Mine are set at 2. There's a pretty wide range that it will crank fine in, so if it doesn't start it's not likely that the problem is the air mixture screw setting.

Here's a pic of the carb sync screw. This shot is looking at the bottom of the carbs from the left hand side.

Good luck!!! Fingers crossed.

2001 VN750
16k miles
Ear Shave & Coastered
EMGO & UNI Filters
Kuryakn ISO Grips
Stebel Nautilus Air Horn
Clear Alternatives LED Tail Light
TOC MCCT
AGM Battery
Custom Footpegs
LED Voltmeter

Last edited by tilak; 07-29-2008 at 12:15 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement