Recommended Jetting and Needle Position??? - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Carbs and Fuel System
From the gas tank to the carbs
All fuel system discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-10-2008, 04:52 PM Thread Starter

Recommended Jetting and Needle Position???

Hey everyone.... Ive been reading around for a week or two now.... and heres the scoop. 86' VN750--- no ears, cone filters on the carbs, jardine straight pipes--- can anyone recommended jetting and needle position?? I was thinking the 140/142 with the 2 shims.... but had to think about it again due to the completely open exhaust. By the way, thats how I bought the bike.

Second question..... what vacuum lines to I need to be plugging and keeping open?? I think I need to keep the rear carb to the fuel tank..... beyond that im lost like a baby in a topless bar. Any help would be great!!!!!

Oh... and dont EVER try and cheat the system and make your own carb boots...... that was a week and a half waste of time and effort.

Thanks!!!!!!

Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-10-2008, 07:55 PM

Send a message via AIM to oglejust Send a message via MSN to oglejust Send a message via Yahoo to oglejust
Quote:
Originally Posted by tevbax View Post
Hey everyone.... Ive been reading around for a week or two now.... and heres the scoop. 86' VN750--- no ears, cone filters on the carbs, jardine straight pipes--- can anyone recommended jetting and needle position?? I was thinking the 140/142 with the 2 shims.... but had to think about it again due to the completely open exhaust. By the way, thats how I bought the bike.

Second question..... what vacuum lines to I need to be plugging and keeping open?? I think I need to keep the rear carb to the fuel tank..... beyond that im lost like a baby in a topless bar. Any help would be great!!!!!

Oh... and dont EVER try and cheat the system and make your own carb boots...... that was a week and a half waste of time and effort.

Thanks!!!!!!

Mike
ive got the cone filters and straight pipes and i have 142 mains and 42 pilots w/ 2 shims under each needle.... works great btw theyre effin loud w/ straight pipes huh lol i love it. btw the vacuum line on the left carb goes to the tank and the 1 on the right should be plugged. do u have your reeds on the sides of the engine blocked? does it backfire

1990 Kawasaki Vulcan 750

.... slightly modified
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 08:23 AM Thread Starter

Not plugged yet...... 99% of the vacuum lines are still on the bike. Im waiting for my coneys to come in now... I have a great hook up at a local parts store... but have to wait till monday for pats. How again do I plug the reeds???

Yeah, the pipes are quite loud....... can wait to piss off some harley people

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 10:01 AM
Chucklehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by tevbax View Post
How again do I plug the reeds???
Two schools on this, either put a marble in the big hose or get coasters. Somewhere on here is a thread for the dimensions to make your own, but I'm a little too lazy this morning to look it up lol. I took the covers off and traced them on aluminum flat stock to make mine, not too difficult.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 10:27 AM
Chucklehead

Ok ... slow day at work ... looked it up anyway.....

https://www.vn750.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7495

Tell me more about this hook-up, I just redid my carbs for the shave and coaster the local places here have a hard time getting the pilot jets and the cones, been waiting 2 weeks for them so far.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement