Son of the Revenge of "What the HELL is this?" - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Carbs and Fuel System
From the gas tank to the carbs
All fuel system discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-16-2015, 01:28 PM Thread Starter

Son of the Revenge of "What the HELL is this?"

Howdy folks, putting this in here, because whatever it is leads to the gas tank.

Discovered this while working on mounting a VN900 seat on the bike, and cursing at why things look so difficult when I was looking at peoples pics, and confusing pics of a VN900 seat install with a Meanstreak seat install. GRRR.

Anyhow, link to the picture of took of whatever this is: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...is%20_this.jpg

there's a break in the rubber hose, so I know that's a Bad Thing(tm). However, even though it leads to the gas tank, it's not spraying fuel all over, so that's a Good Thing(tm)

I need the expertise of the people in here. What the hell is this, and how bad is the fact that it's broken? I can easily undo the clamp, cut the broken hose part and move it up so it seals - plenty of slack in it. I'd really like to know what the hell that is.

Once I get this taken care of, and the seat mounted, I'll post some pics of the present stage of my bike's "evolution"

All assistance greatly appreciated!

"wanting people to listen, you can't just tap them on the shoulder anymore - you have to hit them with a sledgehammer. and then you'll notice you have their strict attention"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-16-2015, 02:49 PM

That is your overflow hose. If you ever fill up your tank too far and let it sit on the side stand, gas will come out of that hose and onto ground...or under your seat in your case. You can cut the broken piece off and move it up. It should still be hanging under the bike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyPilot View Post
Leave it to me to NOT be fond of something then end up banging it.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-16-2015, 03:40 PM
Super Moderator

as said already, its the tanks overflow/vent hose. cut an inch off, reattach, should be golden

the vn900 classic seat and the meanstreak seats are very similar in appearance. not much different for mounting either, but enough to possibly confuse someone on the process.

2005 VN750

Sold 11-27-17

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-16-2015, 05:42 PM Thread Starter

awesome, thanks for the help folks. Back to wrestling with this #$%$%&$^% seat install.

"wanting people to listen, you can't just tap them on the shoulder anymore - you have to hit them with a sledgehammer. and then you'll notice you have their strict attention"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement