ok, so i took the tank off 6 months ago... and i forget what went where - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Carbs and Fuel System
From the gas tank to the carbs
All fuel system discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-01-2008, 07:03 PM Thread Starter

ok, so i took the tank off 6 months ago... and i forget what went where

i have the service manual downloaded but cant for the life of me see the pictures.

i know the where the fuel line goes from the petcock, the other 2 hoses that leave the petcock i may have reversed. i dont know. that, and the part under the gas tank that has the wire coming from it, looks like a hose should go there.... but i cant seem to find it.

at least i marked all the wires i removed and where they went, i guess i thought i would get to the fuel system sooner.

any place for a good breakdown/pictures so i can hook it all back up right?

thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-01-2008, 08:26 PM
Drive less, ride more...

You're right--the photos in the downloadable 750 manual generally suck--big time.

However, page 19 of said manual has an exploded picture of the parts related to the gas tank.

There are other exploded parts dwgs towards the back of the manual--you just need to home in on which one is applicable to your version of the 750.

If that isn't sufficient help, you could always opt for a copy of the Clymer manual. It's done me proud.....thus far, anyway.

'05 VN750

For other bike pix & mods, go to:
http://s1203.photobucket.com/albums/...k/VN750%20pix/
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-01-2008, 08:26 PM

I don't have any better pictures but you should have 3 hoses coming from the petcock. The one that comes off the bottom is your vacumn hose and goes to the carb. The other 2 go to your front and read cylinder, doesn't really matter if they are crossed as long as your hose doesn't end up to tight and gets pulled off. There is a wire with a harnass plug that comes from the bottom of the tank and that plugs into the harnass that comes out near the battery. It is ofr the fuel gauge though mine doesn't work. One of these days I will trouble shoot it I guess. Then on the end of your tank where it screws down under the seat is either one or 2 hoses depending on if you have a california model or not. Cali models have 2 and normal has one. Mine only has one and it is a vent hose and the hose drops down from there into the senter fo the frame though I have never traced where it went exactly. I do have one clear picture but it only helps a little with the petcock. You will notice one of the fuel lines looks crimped but it was like that only for the picture because I the tank on real quick just to take the picture when I was having a problem with my carb flooding. Hope this helps a bit.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-02-2008, 01:01 PM
Undercover Sportbiker

Check my posts on this very mysterious hose connection under the tank. THere's a pic of that part. The 2 lines from the center of the carbs that go to a T and then into one line, that line should be hooked to the mystery nipple. It can also be left hanging uunder the tank and not really affect the ride/running of the bike. Mine's hooked up because it's supposed to be...

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-02-2008, 07:04 PM
Kawika

Quote:
Originally Posted by skaere View Post
and the part under the gas tank that has the wire coming from it, looks like a hose should go there.... but i cant seem to find it.
There never was a connection to the nipple on the fuel sending unit (under tank) at least that is true for my '95.

LETS RIDE!! VROC# 26137
☠ Black Candy ☠ '07 Mean Streak 1600
☠ Blue Crush ☠ '95 VN750-A11

Sponsored Links
Advertisement