jet help!!! - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Carbs and Fuel System
From the gas tank to the carbs
All fuel system discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-13-2007, 11:20 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to oglejust Send a message via MSN to oglejust Send a message via Yahoo to oglejust
jet help!!!

ok so when i hit about 80 my bike decides that the front cylinder isnt gonna fire..... i think its starving its self for gas. i ordered my filter pods last night.... im gonna have 1 5/8 inch straight pipes on it. what jets do i need? how do i put them in/on.... idk what im doin on this so some help would be nice. thanx

1990 Kawasaki Vulcan 750

.... slightly modified
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-13-2007, 11:43 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to oglejust Send a message via MSN to oglejust Send a message via Yahoo to oglejust
ok reading back thru old threads i found that i need 140 mains and 40 pilots... where r these on the carb? lol im a n00b when it comes to carbs. also im ready to buy them... do i need push in or screw?

1990 Kawasaki Vulcan 750

.... slightly modified
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-14-2007, 12:00 AM

Your going to want larger jets than that runnining straight pipes.I have 142 mains and 42 pilots on mine with the pod filters and drilled out MAC pipes I also have 2 shims under the needles.Your going to need screw in.Here is the link for the mains http://www.motorcyclecarbs.com/Keihi...C78.cfm?Page=2 and here is the link for the pilots http://www.motorcyclecarbs.com/Keihi...424-22_C82.cfm .
As far as what size I have read from old threads of guys using 150 and 155 but you may have to try a few to get the combo that best suits your bike.And as far as doing it the best way I can tell you is to search thru some of the old threads there is atleast one that really explains it in detail and helped me out is is better than I could do. Good luck.

Brian Manchester
'89 "GRIMM"

CUSTOM-Seat,quick detach backrest,2.5"slam brackets,Pipes,Fender struts,head light mount,9"rise dragbars,Grips,Mirrors, turnsignals,LED brake light/Lic.plate frame,Chopper headlight. Shaved,Jetted,coastered,polished forks,saddle&Tool bags,horns moved,180/70/15 rear tire!!! Yes a 180!!!!And other stuff.....
Springfield 1911-A1 Compact .45acp

03 F250 superduty 4x4 V-10 crew cab long box 33's,CAI,SS duals with magnaflow

04 durango AWD

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-14-2007, 12:20 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMan23777 View Post
Your going to want larger jets than that runnining straight pipes.I have 142 mains and 42 pilots on mine with the pod filters and drilled out MAC pipes I also have 2 shims under the needles.Your going to need screw in.Here is the link for the mains http://www.motorcyclecarbs.com/Keihi...C78.cfm?Page=2 and here is the link for the pilots http://www.motorcyclecarbs.com/Keihi...424-22_C82.cfm .
As far as what size I have read from old threads of guys using 150 and 155 but you may have to try a few to get the combo that best suits your bike.And as far as doing it the best way I can tell you is to search thru some of the old threads there is atleast one that really explains it in detail and helped me out is is better than I could do. Good luck.
so buy 2 main jets, 2 pilots, and 4 shims?

1990 Kawasaki Vulcan 750

.... slightly modified
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-14-2007, 12:23 AM

Yes you need 2 each on the jets and I think the shims come in either half dozen or full dozen.

Brian Manchester
'89 "GRIMM"

CUSTOM-Seat,quick detach backrest,2.5"slam brackets,Pipes,Fender struts,head light mount,9"rise dragbars,Grips,Mirrors, turnsignals,LED brake light/Lic.plate frame,Chopper headlight. Shaved,Jetted,coastered,polished forks,saddle&Tool bags,horns moved,180/70/15 rear tire!!! Yes a 180!!!!And other stuff.....

04 durango AWD
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-14-2007, 12:30 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMan23777 View Post
Yes you need 2 each on the jets and I think the shims come in either half dozen or full dozen.
ight... and to change these i take the carbs off and theyre under the float bowl?

1990 Kawasaki Vulcan 750

.... slightly modified
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-14-2007, 12:44 AM

yes you need to remove the cover on the bottom of the carbs and you'll see the jets. And then you need to take off the top dome cover and the needle goes down through the slide/diaphram.Leave the rear cyl./carb boot attached to the cylinder and the front one attached to the carb.leave the throttle cable attached take them out the right side of the bike and rest them on the foot peg.And all this is much easier with the tank off and the air box plenium removed.

Brian Manchester
'89 "GRIMM"

04 durango AWD
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-27-2007, 06:04 PM Thread Starter

so when i shim i do this....

http://www.geocities.com/catpoopman/howtoshim.html

1990 Kawasaki Vulcan 750

.... slightly modified
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-28-2007, 12:03 AM Thread Starter

?????

1990 Kawasaki Vulcan 750

.... slightly modified
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-28-2007, 01:13 AM

That's basicly the idea the needles will look different but you just add the shims under the head of the needle.

Brian Manchester
'89 "GRIMM"

04 durango AWD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement