tw200 petcock update - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Carbs and Fuel System
From the gas tank to the carbs
All fuel system discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-07-2014, 01:08 PM Thread Starter
2014 KLR 650!

tw200 petcock update

Replaced my stock petcock because one hose kept popping off. So far I have no issues with it at all. I can see where there will be no difference in fuel flow as the tube in the tank is the EXACT same size as the stock. So there is your bottleneck. But I haven't yet haven't really pushed it either.

Installation was a breeze.

1. unscrew the old.
2. clean the surface of any grime.
3. Replace with tw200.
4. connect the one outlet with a T connector to the two carbs.

Done.

2014 Kawasaki KLR 650
Back to the Kawa World
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-07-2014, 04:58 PM
Crowley

You should find my tw200 thread. Just in case, I reamed all the holes and enlarged them slightly - then I took the face off and drilled out the "mouth" part where the fuel flows, and drilled though the whole piece. Much easier if you have a drill press like I do... But man it gets hot. I kept quelching it, and when I resumed drilling it would get so hot it'd boil the remaining water o
n it lol

-----------------------------
I didn't make a good user name and I can't change it, so please call me Nate.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-07-2014, 09:04 PM
..have a vulcan good day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadan8 View Post
You should find my tw200 thread. Just in case, I reamed all the holes and enlarged them slightly - then I took the face off and drilled out the "mouth" part where the fuel flows, and drilled though the whole piece. Much easier if you have a drill press like I do... But man it gets hot. I kept quelching it, and when I resumed drilling it would get so hot it'd boil the remaining water o
n it lol

-----------------------------
I didn't make a good user name and I can't change it, so please call me Nate.
Exactly the way I would complete this Mod.....
and well explained.

....But I prefer the original VN750 Petcock Engineered Design (just me).

'86 VN750 13,700 mi -Stock
-Purchased 2008 w/8800mi
Replaced ALL Cables . Kuryakyn LED Voltmeter
SilverStar Ultra 9003/HB2 H4 Headlamp, Jardine Fwd Controls,
Iridiums DPR7EIX-9 & Wires, Tuxedo Mod, Coil Mod, P/U Sensor Mod, Fork Seals,
Splines Lubed - 11/4/2012 - MF AGM Battery
Additional Flashing LED Brake Light on Trunk
Dampers went out @ 13+K !
After TOC MCCT's..... so amazingly quiet I discovered a rattling heat shield on my stock exhaust !
...have a vulcan good day!

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-15-2014, 09:02 PM Thread Starter
2014 KLR 650!

I did none of that and so far have had no problems. But i have always wanted a drill press!

2014 Kawasaki KLR 650
Back to the Kawa World

Last edited by Goofyfoot2001; 04-15-2014 at 09:05 PM.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-15-2014, 09:51 PM
Crowley

I did it not only to avoid any potential problems, but to be able to flow any amount of fuel necessary. I really just didn't want to run a tee to the carbs - I wanted to retain the stock tube locations.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-16-2014, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Just in case, I reamed all the holes and enlarged them slightly - then I took the face off and drilled out the "mouth" part where the fuel flows, and drilled though the whole piece

I posted the same (better language and description) almost 2 yrs ago.....in the original thread....why are there so many threads now about one part ?.....
same part !.....WTF ?????

I see ya somehow got yer name changed too....I hope you dont have a dual membership....I just banned 2 members for that....

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-16-2014, 03:52 AM
Crowley

Quote:

I see ya somehow got yer name changed too....I hope you dont have a dual membership....I just banned 2 members for that....
I pmed the administrator
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-16-2014, 06:42 AM Thread Starter
2014 KLR 650!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
I posted the same (better language and description) almost 2 yrs ago.....in the original thread....why are there so many threads now about one part ?.....
same part !.....WTF ?????
I guess it's because it's such an import piece of the puzzle. Also, gas leaks really suck more than anything else in the world so when you get that part right it's cause for celebration

I will add that it seems to have made a difference in the overall flow of fuel (maybe in my head) in that both my cylinders seem better synched (I only bench eyed them when I cleaned the carbs).

The tubes inside the tank are EXACTLY the same size as the stock petcock so that couldn't ever be a problem. The vacuum could be of course but I was running pretty fast for a long time and if there would have been a fuel flow problem I think I'd have felt it.

The ONLY thing different is the length of the tubes. I assume that it will be a little fewer miles before having to go on reserve as the tw200 is slightly longer. The reserve tube is the same size.

Anyway, a guy is coming over today to buy my baby....so...sad day. Happy for the person that buys it though! Prolly as happy for them as I was because I remember how awesome it was to get the bike.

The guy has a long way to go home and not sure how good a rider he is yet.

2014 Kawasaki KLR 650
Back to the Kawa World
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-04-2014, 02:14 PM

Send a message via AIM to wesson123970
hey guys. I ordered a rebuild kit for the petcock on my 93 vn750. It's been so long since I took it apart, I can't remember exactly how it goes back together! Parts diagrams picks I'm seeing online are nowhere near detailed enough. Anyone have any pics? My main concern is where the diagram vacumm pump thing goes in relation to the square plastic block (that doesn't come in kit). I'm thinking I put on diagram,then block,place sprint in diagram where comes thru block, then put cover on. Or does the block go on first?

on the RES,ON,OFF side I have the wavy metal ring directly behind on/off name plate.

Thanks for the help!
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-04-2014, 02:19 PM

Send a message via AIM to wesson123970
does the block somehow go between the 2 rubber diaphrams?....one on each side? seems like it has to to seal....and I definitely had gasket remnants on both sides.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement