Carb Parts - Photos and Labels - Page 3 - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Carbs and Fuel System
From the gas tank to the carbs
All fuel system discussion

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 59 (permalink) Old 11-07-2007, 11:07 PM
Vulcan Bobber

Please HELP me I don't know how reconnect the carb, 5 hoses come from the carb, 3 fittings from the fuel tank and 1 fitting close to the battery, but I don't have any idea how plug these hose,please check the pictures here to get some idea how's my bike, If somebody can help me< I will be eternally grateful.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	carb.jpg
Views:	548
Size:	26.6 KB
ID:	671   Click image for larger version

Name:	carb1.jpg
Views:	463
Size:	22.9 KB
ID:	672   Click image for larger version

Name:	carb2.JPG
Views:	828
Size:	62.5 KB
ID:	673  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 59 (permalink) Old 11-08-2007, 09:22 PM Thread Starter
Members who have donated towards server costs

Let's start with your third pic: the center thing is your fuel float level (and gauge) - don't worry about that. That's not hooked up to your carbs at all. The three arrows on the lower item are pointing to the petcock - the left and right leads are your fuel lines. You should have 1/4" ID hose, one from each lead to the fuel connector on the carb itself. The center port is the vacuum line from the petcock to your front carb - 3/16" ID hose from that center line to the brass nipple on the front carb. (That's three hoses...) On the rear carb, you also have a vacuum line - goes from the brass nipple back to the exhaust cannister that sits right behind your gas tank/in front of the battery (that's four). And then you should have a t-fitting between both carbs for the vent hose - 1/4" hose from each carb to the fiiting (five and five and a half), and then there's a vent hose that goes out to your right air box (the vent hose is really #5 - think of the ones going into the t-fitting as feeder hoses).

Does that help at all?
post #23 of 59 (permalink) Old 05-18-2008, 12:23 AM
Sparky!!!

Garage
Here is a link to some blue fuel line...they also have green, gold, purple, red...any color you can think of they have it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chopp...2823QQtcZphoto

post #24 of 59 (permalink) Old 06-25-2008, 12:59 PM
Ponhos

Send a message via Yahoo to Ponhos
It definately helped me out. I've got the same problem.

Thanks,
Robert(Ponhos)
post #25 of 59 (permalink) Old 06-25-2008, 01:19 PM
and the Adventure Cycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponhos View Post
It definately helped me out. I've got the same problem.

Thanks,
Robert(Ponhos)
Hey Robert, welcome to the forum. Nice to see yet another Vulcaneer from PA.

AKA: Tim & 'The Adventure Cycle' VROC #24567, NEVROC, SteelCity VROC

"When life throws you curves,
Aim for the apex."

Author Unknown
post #26 of 59 (permalink) Old 06-29-2008, 11:25 AM

You can replace the Main jets, with the carbs on the bike. I just did it last week. The tough part was getting the fuel bowl covers off. I didn't have a screw driver that would fit under the carbs so I used a set of needle nose pliers on the the 4 phillips head screws(2 for each carb) and when it came time to install the covers, I replaced them with M4 x 14 socket head cap screws.

I used a small mirror and flashlight to verify the location of the jets. For the main jets use a standard short 8mm 1/4" drive socket and ratchet then take out the main jet holder(kawasaki's name for it). The jet is then easy to remove from the jet holder and replace.

Check the air bleeds in the jet holder to make sure their open and clean.

Just reassemble in reverse order. I started the jet holder with my fingers to make sure I didn't cross thread it.
It sure was easier to tighten the cap screws with an allen wrench instead of using pliers.

It's easier to work on the front carb if you remove the ACCT.

Glenn

1985 VN700
Saddle Bags
Small Sport Windshield
R/R moved
Home built coasters
Kaw touring front fender
1990 Fuel tank
Kenda Kruz 110/90-19 & 170/80-15 tires
NGK Iridium plugs
NGK plug caps and 7mm copper core wires.
Deer Whistles

My VN700 pic's

VROC #7740

Last edited by Glenn M; 08-20-2008 at 08:44 AM.
post #27 of 59 (permalink) Old 08-14-2008, 06:38 AM

Hi Cindy,

I'm a new member of VN750, having bought a neglected '85 VN700 a few weeks ago. I bought the bike as a near-basket case that would barely run. I traced the problem down to the carbs (spark & compression was fine), and discovered that the fuel lines were set-up incorrectly - the lines from the petcocks ran directly to the vacuum lines! (primitive direct injection? LOL!). Anyway, using the excellent labelled pictures you've provided the forum, I was able to reorganize the fuel & carb vent lines to their correct locations/destinations... the bike now starts & runs fairly well... I just don't know what to do with the vacuum fittings on each carb.... any suggestions on how to rout them and to where?)... any help from you or any other forum members would be greatly appreciated!

Best Regards to All,

Rob (SpockRob)
post #28 of 59 (permalink) Old 08-14-2008, 06:57 AM Thread Starter
Members who have donated towards server costs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpockRob View Post
Hi Cindy,

I'm a new member of VN750, having bought a neglected '85 VN700 a few weeks ago. I bought the bike as a near-basket case that would barely run. I traced the problem down to the carbs (spark & compression was fine), and discovered that the fuel lines were set-up incorrectly - the lines from the petcocks ran directly to the vacuum lines! (primitive direct injection? LOL!). Anyway, using the excellent labelled pictures you've provided the forum, I was able to reorganize the fuel & carb vent lines to their correct locations/destinations... the bike now starts & runs fairly well... I just don't know what to do with the vacuum fittings on each carb.... any suggestions on how to rout them and to where?)... any help from you or any other forum members would be greatly appreciated!

Best Regards to All,

Rob (SpockRob)

Hey, Rob! Welcome! I'm going to move this discussion over to the carbs/fuel/somethingorother area - meet me there!

C

C
post #29 of 59 (permalink) Old 09-28-2009, 08:49 AM

Yes, just drop the lower cab cover. Refer to my posts Cleaning Jets without removing carbs. It's a bitch but with some ekkks ohhhs youu can do it.
post #30 of 59 (permalink) Old 06-23-2010, 05:52 PM

Thumbs up good Photographs

Carburetor photographs will help me thank you very much
Sponsored Links
Advertisement