Please Help Me Hook My Carb Hoses Back Up! - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Carbs and Fuel System
From the gas tank to the carbs
All fuel system discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-05-2013, 05:43 PM Thread Starter

Please Help Me Hook My Carb Hoses Back Up!

For the past few months I have been flipping through the threads here at VN750 and I just can't find what I'm looking for. A couple months back I decided to dive into a bobber project with my Vulcan. Upon waiting for parts, I came up with the bright idea (like many have I'm sure) to tear my carbs out and clean them. Now...being a first time bike owner and having never touched an engine in my life, I hadn't the slightest idea what I was getting myself into and thought it was something I'd have been able to do by myself that night. Like and idiot, I dove in..no pictures taken and with only a rough memory of how things hooked back up. Well, that was nearly two months ago and now I haven't been able to enjoy all of this great Iowa riding weather. I had dissected my carbs, cleaned them both, put them both back together (correctly thanks to forum help I've found) and put back in place...but here's where I've had to stop dead in my tracks. I have hoses sitting on my work bench and I have no idea where exactly they hook up. I see the ends they are suppose to go on, but have NO idea which hose goes to what, where or why. So I have three medium size hoses that go to the carb and a small hose roughly 4-5inches long as well...and this HUGE 2ft hose that I pulled out of thin air. PLEASE...SOMEONE HELP ME. I need pictures. If this is explained it might as well be written in Greek. Thank you all who've helped me (and had not known it) in the past with various problems, but this one here will get me back on my bike and riding.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-05-2013, 05:56 PM

https://www.vn750.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15852

http://www.vulcanforums.com/forums/a...p/t-10604.html

Here's a couple old threads may help. The second thread has link to some photobucket pix. Better than nothin'. Good luck.

Malibu Shades windscreen, headlight visor, custom dashboard with voltmeter and clock, luggage rack, extended backrest, Viking saddlebags and toolbag, Wingerline engine guard with foot pads, light bar with halogen bulbs, Hardley Sportster muffs with crossover, homemade coasters, earshave with K&N pods, 142/42 jets with 2 shims each needle, MCCT's, AGM battery, coil relay mod, Iridiums with yellow NGK plug wires, relocated R/R, WOLO air horn, VN750.com chrome radiator guard
post #3 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-05-2013, 06:07 PM Thread Starter

I've got the first link Bookmarked, it didn't help as much as I had hoped, but the second one is on the right track. I'm more interested on the focus of how the hoses fit the tank to the carbs. Thanks though!

post #4 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-05-2013, 06:09 PM
Chasin' the blacktop

For a non earshaved bike (basically stock bike) Short 5" long hose goes to the center nipple on your petcock(vacuum) from left carb vacuum port. One hose from each carb also goes to the petcock (fuel lines) Right carb has a vacuum line (probably longest hose) that goes up over the rear cylinder back to the smog valve in front of the battery box. Both carbs have a short (maybe 8" long lines) that connect together (little white (on my bike) plastic T combining into one line that then hooks behind the right air filter box (justs tucks into a little plastic holder on back of airbox (carb vent line).

[/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] The mini-skirt is a very functional article of clothing. With it a woman can run much faster; and because of it she may have too.
North Georgia

Last edited by Spencer1; 06-05-2013 at 06:15 PM.
post #5 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-05-2013, 06:11 PM

If the 2' hose is 1/4"-5/16" diameter then it sounds like it runs to the bottom of the coolant tank from beside the radiator cap. It could also be the tank vent off the rear of the gas tank. Which is missing?

We should be able to work through this, a lot of us just had our carbs off and the others just know form doing it in the past. Let us know if the pics help and where you are with it.

I have my complete stock airbox and plumbing sitting on the floor, can lay it out and take a pic if you need it.

Have you coastered, marbled, or earshaved?

Is this a California Emissions bike?

Two fuel lines to the upper petcock ports, one vacuum from the front (left) carb to the vacuum port on the petcock, that's the lower port that points straight down.

The two fuel lines are larger than vacuum lines.

2003-21k mi
Shaved w/UniPK92+Stock Jets-TPE/MOSFET-Shinko Tires-AGM batt-bags-chrome-LEDs...more
__________________________________________________ ____________
Repair Manual: http://www.mediafire.com/file/mj7z81..._Catalogue.pdf

Owner's Manual: http://www.mediafire.com/file/nscb5f...ers+Manual.pdf
post #6 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-05-2013, 06:21 PM
Banned

Well, the short hose (4-5 in), for sure goes on the left hand side of the bike, From the nipple just above the mixture screw to the center nipple on the petcock.

Hopefully somebody here has one tore down far enough for good pictures. Do you still have the air box (plenum) above the carbs? I just went out to look at mine, not sure I could take helpful pictures.

edit-by the time I typed this you got some real/better help.
post #7 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-05-2013, 06:24 PM Thread Starter

Okay..WOW there are a lot of people already helping! I appreciate it so much. I may not know much about engines, but I'm almost positive I didn't pull anything off the water cooler or the air box with the ears. I see the 1" diameter hoses on the side of the engine. I didn't mess with any of those just the ones in the picture. Btw, I have my camera ready with any pictures that may need to be taken for anyone helping. Again, thanks guys.

post #8 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-05-2013, 06:27 PM Thread Starter

So many people at once, thank you all! I'm almost positive its not any air hoses from the ears or the water cooler for that matter. Here is a picture of the hoses I'm working with maybe someone can take a couple showing where exactly these hook up. I think I know what a peacock is, but not positive. Is it the on/off tab under the gas tank with the three ends? Thanks guys!
post #9 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-05-2013, 06:29 PM Thread Starter

I posted twice (accidently) both including a picture of the hoses. I think a Mod has to approve them. Also, I don't think they have anything to do with the water cooler or the ear for that matter. These (I believe) came directly off the carb. Everyone is throwin terms around. The peacock is pretty important, but I don't know what it is. It's the on/off tab under the tank with three ends, right? Thanks again guys.
post #10 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-05-2013, 06:31 PM Thread Starter

Okay, so the shorter hose goes from tiny brass fitting to the tank above? It's a 1/4" (??) diameter hose.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement