Petock mod? - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Carbs and Fuel System
From the gas tank to the carbs
All fuel system discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-29-2013, 09:20 PM Thread Starter
clem

Question Petock mod?

Well, yesterday I had some success. last week I had cleaned and reinstalled the carbs. Tried to get it running but it wouldn't start until I used starting fluid and then it ran but very rough. It would restart without the ether, but only ran rough. I got the idea to take off the tank and clean the petcock. When I got in there I saw how it worked and when I put it back together I took off the o-ring that stops the gas from going to the carbs when the engine isn't running. I figured this was like you guys that change the petcock to one that doesn't take vacuum. The bike started right up and after adjusting the idle mixture screws it ran really well. Took it down the driveway and back. Does anyone know why this mod won't work just as well as changing the petcock or any reason not to do it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-29-2013, 10:51 PM

just have to seal it so fuel can't leak to the vacuum port. I replaced mine because it had more issues than just not enough fuel. It needed on of the ports reattached, new filter sock and was leaking through vacuum fitting.

92 Stealth
89 Trans Am
67 Camaro
91 suburban v2500
Sponsored Links
Advertisement