ear shave questions - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Carbs and Fuel System
From the gas tank to the carbs
All fuel system discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-24-2013, 07:56 PM Thread Starter

ear shave questions

Finally have everything almost complete on my bike for the ear shave mod... just to clarify one thing...Been following Phils ear shave procedures listed in sticky and he states in step 14 "...plug the right side vacuum lead (easy enough)...then connect carb vent hose to emgo filter and attach to right side..." Is the vent hose located on the left side carb in the same location as the vacuum lead on the right? Had the carbs off for awhile and really just want to double check before I make any hasty decisions. Also, any advice on removing the plug at the pilot screw locations? Figured drilling them out would be easiest.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-24-2013, 08:04 PM Thread Starter

ok, just asking the question made me realize what's going on...correct me if I'm wrong...the vacuum line on the left side carb still returns to the petcock, the vent lines are on top and will connect with a "T" fitting and attach to the right mounted emgo filter...
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-24-2013, 08:06 PM Thread Starter

thanks to Crobins365 for the pics link...much help!

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-24-2013, 08:11 PM

On the plug, I'd say the best bet is to puncture it in the center, then pry sideways to pop it out. This is the same way I do freeze plugs, just with different tools. A small flat screwdriver should do to poke a hole, or even just a nail and use it to pry also. With a screwdriver, use one corner of the blade so it punctures instead of driving it deeper.

If you get it turned sideways and it's not coming out easily, you can crush it with pliers or needle nosed pliers and it will fall out.

You may not even have to puncture it, just hit one edge and see if it turns sideways. Hit it down in the cupped part but at the side, not the very lip of the plug.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-24-2013, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianhardy View Post
ok, just asking the question made me realize what's going on...correct me if I'm wrong...the vacuum line on the left side carb still returns to the petcock, the vent lines are on top and will connect with a "T" fitting and attach to the right mounted emgo filter...
That's how I have it.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-24-2013, 08:16 PM
Old Truck Junkie

That hose needs to be up under the fuel tank away from direct air flow. The filter keeps dirt and mud dabbers from getting into the carbs. On some fuel tanks that hose can be connected under the fuel tank. It connects to a nipple made onto a black box.

02 honda sabre 1100
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-24-2013, 08:28 PM Thread Starter

that was easy, thanks Spockster.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-24-2013, 08:47 PM

You're welcome.

I'll be going with niterider's post and putting the carb vent on the tank. Then I only have to mount one Emgo filter, for the crankcase.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement