Need help! - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Carbs and Fuel System
From the gas tank to the carbs
All fuel system discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-13-2006, 12:23 PM Thread Starter

Need help!

I replaced the petcock diaphragm and got the bike running. I took it for a test Saturday! I love this bike! The bike however, will not idle below @3k rpms. Anything less and it slows down and eventually dies. I have adjusted the idle screw and the bike will run rough. The rpms then surge up and down and the bike eventually dies. After it dies I have to choke the carbs to restart. When it starts smoke comes out of the exhaust, like it is getting to much fuel. Someone said the smoke could be from antifreeze getting in the engine. I have changed the oil in the bike and it was not milky, so I don't think thats a problem. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Stevenco

Last edited by stevenco; 10-15-2006 at 03:55 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-13-2006, 05:18 PM

Too much fuel is a result of carb floats not seating. The white smoke you mention sounds like antifreeze getting into the cylinders. If you had too much fuel in the cylinders I would think it would be blowing black smoke, not white. Check the oil in the bike, see if it milky, if it is, you have a bad head gasket.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement