A little help please with carb issue - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Carbs and Fuel System
From the gas tank to the carbs
All fuel system discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-21-2013, 04:51 PM Thread Starter

A little help please with carb issue

I have a 92 vulcan 750 ever since I have had it (around 2 mounths)I have had and issue with it bogging down around 4000 rpms.It did this before I did the ear shave and after the ear shave it hasnt really made a diferance. I did everything by the book I cleaned the carbs ,K/N filters,142 42 jets,2 shims under the needles breathers on carb vent and crank case vent.I have the carb vent out of the wind.I have checked the flow of fuel coming out of my petcock It seems to be fine.Vac hose is new and the other side is caped off.I have tryed everything I know to do.Any advice ,Im about to pull what little hair I have out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-21-2013, 05:31 PM

Have you opened the 2 carb screws to 2 1/2 turns ?

post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-21-2013, 06:59 PM

And made sure that the carb vent on the right side is plugged? Carb boots tightened well? My bike did this if the carb vent hose fell out of the ear and to a lesser extent because the vent hose was 1/16" bigger than stock once I ear shaved. Any extra air getting in there and the carbs are not happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyPilot View Post
Leave it to me to NOT be fond of something then end up banging it.

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-21-2013, 07:07 PM
Old Truck Junkie

I was have trouble with mine. I pulled the carbs, removed the jets and blew air through all the carb air holes. I did not dissasemble the carbs. It runs great now.

02 honda sabre 1100
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-21-2013, 08:18 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
Have you opened the 2 carb screws to 2 1/2 turns ?
I did turn em out 2 1/2 and I was still getting some popping on desell so I turned out to about 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deviate View Post
And made sure that the carb vent on the right side is plugged? Carb boots tightened well? My bike did this if the carb vent hose fell out of the ear and to a lesser extent because the vent hose was 1/16" bigger than stock once I ear shaved. Any extra air getting in there and the carbs are not happy.
Are you talking about where the vaccum line comes out of the carb,if so yes I caped it off.I sprayed carb cleaner all around the boots no leaks there.I have a breater on the carb vent hose and its tucked behind my right side cover.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-21-2013, 08:28 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by niterider View Post
I was have trouble with mine. I pulled the carbs, removed the jets and blew air through all the carb air holes. I did not dissasemble the carbs. It runs great now.
I have had mine apart two times now, after the first time I cleaned em it didnt solve the problem so I did it again to make sure I didnt miss anything.I made sure the needles were in the right carb ,the needle cap was not covering the hole in the slider,the diapham is seated right.I even tryed putting the orignal jets back in.It just made it run real lean.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-21-2013, 08:35 PM Thread Starter

I also wanted to add my issue is only happening when I try cruise around 4000 to 5000 rpms.It accelerates with no problems.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-21-2013, 09:09 PM

I think the RPM range here means a lot...after a certain RPM, the carb acts differently....wondering if you may have a leak in a main carb diaphragm....thats the big one, not the enricher on the side....
Question...does it do it at the same RPM in all the gears, or just the higher ones ?....Im thinking could be fuel starvation then also if at the same RPM in all gears....
What condition are your plugs in ?...if theyre very light colored or white, youre not getting enough fuel...they should be like a caramel laced mocha coffee, lol...just slightly brownish...

post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-21-2013, 09:40 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
I think the RPM range here means a lot...after a certain RPM, the carb acts differently....wondering if you may have a leak in a main carb diaphragm....thats the big one, not the enricher on the side....
Question...does it do it at the same RPM in all the gears, or just the higher ones ?....Im thinking could be fuel starvation then also if at the same RPM in all gears....
What condition are your plugs in ?...if theyre very light colored or white, youre not getting enough fuel...they should be like a caramel laced mocha coffee, lol...just slightly brownish...
When I had the carbs out today.I look very close at the diaphregms ,no holes what so ever ,beforeI put the caps on I made sure thay were seated right.I did notice that the sliders are alittle worn around the edges but doesnt seem to afect the travel up or down.It seems to start bogging down alittle in 3rd and really dose it in 4th and 5th.The plugs dont even have 50 miles on em.I pulled em out thay are all light brown.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-21-2013, 09:55 PM
Old Truck Junkie

jmw1, have you run it with the air filters completely off? If not give it a try.

02 honda sabre 1100
Sponsored Links
Advertisement