For those that miss Gypsy's website.... - Page 4 - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Carbs and Fuel System
From the gas tank to the carbs
All fuel system discussion

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-17-2018, 12:11 PM

gYpSy michelle here !

Hey guys....
Your posts just about brought a tear to my eyes! I had no idea that what i had once upon a time meant so much to so many..I am humbled.
Yes, life has a funny way sometimes....I know many of you have moved on and probably aren't reading this, but I'll explained what happened anyway.
Timeline 2005....I was about to get married and he and I had already purchased a piece of land in Arkansas and literally the day we were going to make the down payment for a loan to the bank to break ground (contractors standing by). "Mr. Wonderful", my ex-fiancee of 8 years living together suddenly announced he "needed to let me go" and decided on somebody else he'd been secretly seeing. No reason, no ryhme. I went through a totally personal crisis and my life suddenly had the brakes slammed on. I had to give up everything I had and start over---right down to a computer. I had to figure out what I was going to do with the emotional turmoil and depression I was going through and Alaska seemed like a wise choice considering I'd always wanted to move there for the adventure in me and it turned out to be everything I hoped for. In 2006, I bought a house I'm living in today. I rode the VN750 until 2008 when parts became so very difficult to locate and my aviation job didn't afford me the time to work on the Vulcan as much as I needed to. I parted it out and rode the Honda until 94K miles until a rebuild then more trouble and I'm about to retire that. A friend offered a Harley Softail to buy in 2009 as he wasn't going to ride anymore, so I bought it and commute to work and ride the roads of Alaska with it now. I'm looking to find an "Alcan-Worthy" (highway from the lower 48 to Alaska) bike sometime soon and finally get to take a vacation (been a very long time) riding across the continent again.

I had successfully ridden the Vulcan 750 well over 250K miles in two different bikes and 3.5 engines!

Anyway, I found this site through a search that Phillip Martin told me about--he purchased one of my parts on Ebay and I told him who I was.
Thanks again to all of you for caring as much as you did for what I once had the priveldge to share with you ! I hope everyone is doing well and riding their 750's forever
ubertalldude likes this.

Last edited by gYpSy; 03-17-2018 at 12:23 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-17-2018, 12:44 PM
Old Fart

Garage
OMG...So cool to hear from you again. Life can throw you a few twists that's for sure, but am glad you've seemingly survived and are doing well.
I hope you check in here now and then, your original input and info on the Vulcan was and is required reading to many here, so I'm glad to finally say Thank You. And also say Thank You for all the others here, past, present, and future.

If You Are Not Sure If I Am Joking or Not....I AM !!Photos:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/knifemaker1954/sets/

Last edited by Knifemaker; 03-17-2018 at 12:47 PM.
post #33 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-17-2018, 04:06 PM
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to OleDirtyDoc
wow a blast from the past.thanks for your website. do you have any pics of Alaska? I do my traveling through others

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

ONE RATS ASS GIVEN PER POST
Support your local FREEBIRDS MC
1986/5 Vn700/750 Frankenfook cross eyed bitch "Mellisa Fayhe"
I am a BIKER and i'm proud.FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY

lowered with progessive 412 10" shocks
rejetted for K/N Pods part#rc 2340
sportster seat

'I didn't lose my mind.i gave it away

BRING BACK WOLFIE."Peace and Carrots"RIP
"And I'm free...as a bird"John Lennon Free as a Bird
"I only carry when I have my pants on"Joe Robinson RIP aka Old Dog

post #34 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-19-2018, 12:20 AM

Thumbs up

Thanks for that Gypsy.Glad to.hear that you're over your troubles and living the dream. Gypsy for sure!!!!
post #35 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-19-2018, 09:14 AM
Members who have donated towards server costs

Good to hear from you, Gypsy. Part of your bike lives on mine. I always admired the paint job on your Vulcan. Beautiful!

I'm keepin' all the left over parts. I'm gonna use 'em to build another bike!

Old Blue
2001 Honda CMX250 Rebel acquired July, 2008

1987 VN750 project bike, acquired August, 2009, 33,000 miles and balancer sticking out of the case, currently awaiting attention and parts
post #36 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-26-2019, 10:24 AM

What's the gypsy's website?
I think somewhere on the web there is a graveyard for website's that have gone down
post #37 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-26-2019, 11:52 AM
Search Goddess

Very first post on this thread has a link to the archived site. I clicked the "clicky here" and it still works.
OleDirtyDoc likes this.

Dianna
Conway, AR
Patriot Guard Rider
2000 VN750 Sere (Serendipity)
1990 GL1500 (Ole Blue)
1986 VN750 EVie (project bike, heavy custom)
VROC # 11628 / 25000-H
ARVROC # 12 Coordinator and Crowd Control
OKVROC # 18 (H)
TNVROC # 45 (H)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement