I was having a "dead cylinder" issue for a while. Happened very suddenly and would die off at idle. Bogged down at times. I ran Seafoam through a tank with no relief.
It was suggested to test the voltage running to coils. I did the electrical tests and then did the coil mod, running wires directly to the coils for better spark. All tested well, but still had the "dead cylinder" issue.
Pulled the carbs and went through. Rejetted to 142/42's and did the ear shave while all was off the bike. Followed the ear shave sticky at the top of the Carb thread and was it ever a help !! Bless those that have come before me and did these tasks, especially those that have made such excellent "how to's" for us to follow.
My local Kawi dealer only had the main jets so I ordered the pilots from the source listed on the Ear Shave sticky. Should have just ordered all from there. Placed order for Pilots and shims (dealer had neither) at 430pm, received a "shipped" email at 630 pm.
Great service !! Found filter pods on-line through Amazon. Ordered parts, then waited patiently.
All my filters and jets came in. Finished the carbs then had to wait due to cold temps. God must have been really trying to teach me patience cuz it took a couple of weeks. I was really getting stir crazy with finished carbs and no way to test. Warm today, so started on project this morning and just finished up. Took for a test run. No dead cylinder and very responsive.
If I knew how much of a difference it would have made, I would have done ear shave earlier. Very nice.