All fuel system discussion

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 46 (permalink) Old 08-05-2013, 01:00 PM
2014 KLR 650!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knifemaker View Post
Because he's "Goofy"???

"POOGS" is a problem that keeps fuel from flowing... Not the other way around. Maybe if he stopped writing and started reading he'd understand this....
Again I know it was long and the reason for two places is I realized I wanted an answer to the gushing gas. But if you read to the end I think the reason it gushed was because I was riding hard for our honor against a heady foe (Harley dude) and the vent on my tank gave in and the pressure flow saturated the float bowl.

Making goofy sense?

2014 Kawasaki KLR 650
Back to the Kawa World
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 46 (permalink) Old 08-05-2013, 01:25 PM
Old Fart

Garage
Nope. Only thing that will cause fuel to "gush" from your carb is a stuck float or a clogged float needle. This is the only thing that shuts off fuel going to your carb while the bike is running.

The vaccum on the petcock only turns fuel flow off when the bike is not runnng.....but if it fails the float needle should still shut the fuel flow off before it overflows the carb fuel bowls.

Gas cap venting has nothing to do with over filling the float bowl.

As this all deals with the same issue, you only needed ONE thread to discuss it.

If You Are Not Sure If I Am Joking or Not....I AM !!Photos:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/knifemaker1954/sets/
post #23 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-10-2014, 09:16 PM

Hey guys, I can't find a way to remove the orange valve, it's stuck there. My bike is a vn750 1985. I didn't try any product to make it move because of the tiny diaphragm. It's rusty and dirty in there. I tried a couple of small tools but there is not a lot of grip to remove it. Do someone have a tip to help me removing that orange valve?

post #24 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-11-2014, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yennk View Post
Hey guys, I can't find a way to remove the orange valve, it's stuck there. My bike is a vn750 1985. I didn't try any product to make it move because of the tiny diaphragm. It's rusty and dirty in there. I tried a couple of small tools but there is not a lot of grip to remove it. Do someone have a tip to help me removing that orange valve?
I had the same problem.. I went to a medical supply store and got a heavy duty as I could find dental pick. That did the trick..
post #25 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-11-2014, 09:36 PM

Tanks for the help, I got it all out. I still have a problem, the second diaphragm is dead, I didn't put it back and the little gasket has a crack on it, I put it back and fit it like it was before. Can it work without the second gasket?
post #26 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-12-2014, 08:32 AM

The way I fixed it was to remove the assembly completely and replace it with lawn mover filter material. That completely eliminated any pogs issues I was having as well as this high pressure air leak squeal I was getting From the gas cap. There is a thread here somewhere on it I just can't find it. ,I'm on the road working from my phone

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
post #27 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-12-2014, 09:32 PM

Alright, I'm trying this as soon as I can, thanks. My new petcock will surely help, I'm waiting for it... I have 2 in line filters, does it matters?
post #28 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-12-2014, 10:35 PM

I would imagine not, fuel filters usually don't cause probs with gas cap venting and pogs. In my mind they would only cause problems if they get clogged,, but that world be a whole different problem.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
post #29 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-20-2014, 07:22 PM

I think I like the "lawn mower filter" method to replace all that "plunger/diaphram" stuff...more info in the filter!!
post #30 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-21-2014, 05:25 PM

Please.....??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement