tried again today. on cold engine, everything seemed just fine at 2 turns out. after it warmed up, the throttle response went back to sucking a$$. slow rev, slow wind down. put the air/fuel screws back to where they were (about 4 turns out) and no change (except having to adjust the idle screw).
the backfiring has actually gone away for the most part (as of yesterday when the problem started).
when i say "backfire", i mean popping sounds just in the exhaust. not too annoying really, just don't wanna get people pissed off when i coast down hills in town. i'm told this is normal, and there are ways of making it better (i'll take care of that later, one problem at a time lol)
gas looks fine. ran tank down really low then re-filled it. how do i test for air leaks in the boots, air filters, and hoses?
- 1998 Vulcan 750
- Black with red
- MCCT conversion
- Pick up coil mod
- Stereo with 3.5 inch speakers
- Sylvania ridiculously bright headlight
- Westco maintenance free battery
- Vance & Hines slash cut pipes
- Custom turn signal bracket
- Arrowhead universal turn signals (rear only)
- Kuryakyn longhorn offset highway pegs
- Suzuki Savage 650 rear shocks (2 inches shorter)
- Lowered front 1.5 inches