Hose question - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Carbs and Fuel System
From the gas tank to the carbs
All fuel system discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-19-2006, 10:19 AM Thread Starter

Hose question

Hello, There seem to be about 50,000 hoses on this bike, and I'm not sure of which goes where. I think that when I got the bike, some of the hoses were misconnected.

Here's my problem. There is a low vaccuum pressure I beleive that is allowing the engine to suck the fuel lines dry faster than they can be refilled by the petcock when the bike is operating at WOT.

I believe of the three hoses running to the petcock, the left and right are fuel, and the center if vaccuum. This center hose runs to a t-connector, and branches into two hoses. One of these hoses ran to a brass nipple on the left side of the carb assembly. I think this is the front carberator. The other hose ran to nothing.

Now, there is a vent hose that runs to the left airbox, is shoved into one of those holes, and stays there. In the manual diagram, it also appears to run to a t-fitting, and branch into two hoses. I'm not exactly sure where one of these hoses goes to, but the other goes to a brass nipple on the right side of the carb assembly. I think this is the rear carberator. So, is this brass nipple for the vacuum line, or the airbox vent, line, as right now, it appears that the lines are only "half right" and thats not good enough.

Ben
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-19-2006, 12:48 PM

You should have a short hose from the petcock to the nipple on the left carb(no T fitting) the nipple on the right carb goes back to the emissions in front of the battery (unless it is coastered, then it can be plugged)
Between the carbs, there should be two vent lines that go to a T and from there go behind the right ear.
Hope that helps................

If a man speaks in the forest and there is no woman to hear..........is he still wrong????
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-19-2006, 01:11 PM Thread Starter

Then why in the world do I have a T fitting? Should I remove the T fitting and just run a single line to the left carb?

Ben

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-19-2006, 01:29 PM
HAWK

Send a message via Yahoo to Ccspinner
Is it posable you have a California model, They do have more vacume hoses and polution controle crap.

Chad Falstad "Hawk"
Vroc #17649
2011 HD Ultra Classic "angel"
2001 Nomad 1500 Sold March 2012
2001 VN 750 "Sold June with 2008 with 21,000""Serinity"
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-19-2006, 01:38 PM Thread Starter

Well, since the extra hose isn't running anywere, I'll just remove it anyway.

Oh, I do have a californian model.

Ben

Last edited by InsuredDisaster; 07-19-2006 at 01:41 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement