Carb Rebuild Videos - Page 2 - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Carbs and Fuel System
From the gas tank to the carbs
All fuel system discussion

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-30-2012, 12:14 AM

Would you mind making a couple on how to take them off the bike and put them back on? I got my carb off, rebuilt it just as you did in the videos but the only problem now is how to reattach the choke and the throttle cables. I haven't gotten the carb back in yet so any suggestions, techniques?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-30-2012, 12:29 AM
1986 VN750

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghoevers View Post
Would you mind making a couple on how to take them off the bike and put them back on? I got my carb off, rebuilt it just as you did in the videos but the only problem now is how to reattach the choke and the throttle cables. I haven't gotten the carb back in yet so any suggestions, techniques?
I'll try to find a pic or two for you, but here is what to look out for.

Re-attach the throttle cables prior to putting the carbs back on. I had to leave the front boot on the cyl-head, and remove the rear boot completely. Once the carbs were in place, I slid the rear boot in and secured it. Choke cable routing is below. It is re-attached after the carbs are on. Make sure to adjust the cable as loose as possible at the bars.

1986 Kawasaki Vulcan 750
NGK Iridium Plugs #7803/DPR7EIX-9
Duralast Gold ETX15 AGM Battery
Coastered & Shaved
TOC MCCTs
Metzeler ME880 [110/90-19, 170/80-15]
Balance Dampers Replaced
Tuxedo Mod
Rebuilt Forks w/ Progressive Springs
V&H Cruzers
VN750.com Grill Cover
Meanstreak Seat
Emgo 23-92411 Handlebars
MOSFET FH012AA R/R

1990 Kawasaki Vulcan 750

1998 Honda VFR800 FI

2014 Honda VFR800F

1989 Pontiac Firebird Formula 350
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-30-2012, 05:03 PM

Thank You!

post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-23-2012, 05:01 PM

X2 on attaching the cables before installing the carbs. The throttle cables are easier to attach to the carbs when they are out of the frame.
The way I did mine was to install both cables, then leave the pull cable loose from the carb, hook the cables to the throttle tube, then attach the pull cable on the carb, then make the final adjustments.
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-11-2012, 04:22 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to docwest8404
What's the easiest way to get the Carb out? Is there a video for that? Granted, I'm gonna try the Sea Foam Cleaner that I saw suggested before i try taking the Carb out, but all the info would be greatly appreciated.
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-06-2013, 01:53 PM

Carb boots

Hello, I am having issues getting my boots back into the right position. my Clymer manual says 15 mm to the out side for the rear boot on the cylinder. does the boot go on so its straight up and down then turn it 15mm to the outside, or does that mean the total displacement is 15mm to the outside? this is my first bike I paid book for it only to find out it was never properly taken care of.
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-07-2013, 12:10 AM

I have followed your video to work on my carbs. i am new at this stuff. the three (3) screws that hold carbs were seized therefore somewhat damaged after removal. where did you buy the new screws with hex head?. anybody Please...
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-21-2015, 07:54 PM

Omg! Thank you! I've been waiting for my father in law to do my carbs for a month now.

One quick question though. Did you have to do any bench floating or anything with the floats?

Thank you again!

Kristoco
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-22-2015, 11:35 AM
Crowley

Floats are to be measured on the bike, carbs full of fuel, bike on center stand on level ground.

Float adjustment must be done with carbs removed and partially disassembled
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-14-2016, 08:13 PM

Garage
For all the guys having trouble getting those stuck carb screws out. This is the tool you need. Works great with JIS screws. Craftsman Impact Driver
I like this particular one because you can also use 1/2" sockets with it but anything similar would work.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement