Keihin CVK34 Slide Diaphram??? - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Carbs and Fuel System
From the gas tank to the carbs
All fuel system discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-06-2011, 10:28 PM Thread Starter
Nateloggg

Keihin CVK34 Slide Diaphram???

I was wondering if anyone had any info on the compatability of carb parts through the years? I'm shopping for replacement slide diaphrams, because I, like a dumbass, left hot carb cleaner on the rubber diaphrams and distorted them. Anyway, I found a slide diaphram on ebay that said it fit vn750's through 2004. However my bike is a 2006. I assumed all parts were the same through the years prior to reading this. I also noticed that the cvk34 is used on many other bikes like the KLX250, Ninja 500, Ninja 750r, ZL1000, Artic Cat four wheelers... and probably many more. Has anyone ran into any problems over the years with parts being non compatable from year to year, or has any one had success using carb parts from other model bikes? I would assume (or hope) that all slide diaphrams are the same, but would just utilize different needles and jets... What do you guys think?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-18-2011, 08:16 PM Thread Starter
Nateloggg

....???

.....(o)(o).... Hoorray for Boobies!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-19-2011, 01:49 AM
Members who have donated towards server costs

Quote:
.....(o)(o).... Hoorray for Boobies!
Maybe that does not deserve a reply, but the part number of 2004 and 2006 throttle slide is the same (which you could have checked yourself).

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-30-2011, 10:41 AM Thread Starter
Nateloggg

The main idea behind this was to see if anyone had experiance frankenstiening parts to get away from the expensive Keihin slides for our Kawasakis. (over $100)Obviously you have no experiance with this.

Last edited by nateloggg; 08-02-2011 at 11:14 PM.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-30-2011, 07:45 PM
Old Fart

Garage
That's the way to get a reply ... Piss off a forum member. Well Mr. Under 10 Posts, good going and good luck getting anyone to help you out now.

The proper way to pull up a post that has not gotten a reply is to post the word "bump" and then ask nicely for help. Not call someone names and say they are bitter...

And sorry you find carb parts expensive... Perhaps you can find a way to bolt an old Rochester carb to the bike.... There's slot of them in old rusty cars in salvage lots.

KM

If You Are Not Sure If I Am Joking or Not....I AM !!Photos:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/knifemaker1954/sets/
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-30-2011, 09:15 PM
Banned

I'm partial to the Carter Thermoquad myself...... ahh, the good ol' daze....
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-02-2011, 11:12 PM Thread Starter
Nateloggg

HAHAHAHA....ha ah....ha............ha. yall are frickin hilarious.

Pappa, you are right. I could look up this info myself (and I did), but I figured I would start a thread instead as suggested by another long time member of this forum. Someone with far more than 10 posts, I should add.

I could keep this deuchebaggery going, but I figure i may as well put some useful info in this post instead. Many carb parts from the Ninja 500r work (including the vacuum slides). The ZX7R(ninja750), KLR250, KZ1000 (police bike), Mojave 250, Bayou 300 and 400 4x4...., all have many interchangable carb parts with our bikes. (All bikes checked were 98's) I'm sure there are more. The bayou 300/400 use oem jets that we use with the ear shave as well.

By the way, my bike has been up and running great for almost two weeks now. Big thanks to the archived info of this site! and at least one helpful member! And thanks Slimrider for the link to the downloadable manual.

If anyone uses this info in their own attempts to fix their carb issues, be warned that I have less then 10 posts, so do your own research.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement