custom air filters - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Carbs and Fuel System
From the gas tank to the carbs
All fuel system discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-24-2011, 10:34 AM Thread Starter

custom air filters

Looks like the ear shave will be my next project. But I want to do the air filters differently. Instead of the cone filters directly off the carb, I want a chrome dish between the cylinders. Kind of like what the bigger vulcans have stock. But here's where I run in to problems. I want something simple and round. But only want it to be about 4" round. I've tried google, and ebay and the closest thing I've found is the Arlen Ness Big Sucker. I don't want a pie plate (8") but I do like the look. Anyone know of a smaller version of this?

This is the look I want, but not the size.

Global warming? So what if my kids never see a polar bear. I never saw a dinosaur and I'm ok.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-26-2011, 07:37 AM

Air filters

Dear Scooter
I replaced my Ears with K&N filters from Amazon.com (best price free shipping) You will need to rejet but with the Airbox out the carbs are Easy. I have extra jets at cost if you want to rejet. Let me know the size.
Hegman
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-26-2011, 09:47 AM
Sparky!!!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scootergptx View Post
Looks like the ear shave will be my next project. But I want to do the air filters differently. Instead of the cone filters directly off the carb, I want a chrome dish between the cylinders. Kind of like what the bigger vulcans have stock. But here's where I run in to problems. I want something simple and round. But only want it to be about 4" round. I've tried google, and ebay and the closest thing I've found is the Arlen Ness Big Sucker. I don't want a pie plate (8") but I do like the look. Anyone know of a smaller version of this?

This is the look I want, but not the size.

I don't see why this won't work.. if someone can add a Kurakyn Hypercharger.. i say... Why not.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-26-2011, 11:09 AM
Members who have donated towards server costs

Garage
Not sure how the various OEMs do this side filter setup, but my buddy brought his '09 VStar 1100 over last night and it has the side filter like you've shown. To my disappointment, both carbs are ducted to an airbox and the filter feeds the box just like our Vulcans. Different "Ears" so to speak, but same functional setup...

'98 VN750, Mustang Seat, F&S Engine Guards, Highway pegs, Pro-Tac backrest, Harley 58121-85B windshield lowers, Autometer 3391 voltmeter, ACCT to MCCT, pickup coils at 0.020", Coasters, National Cycle N2220, Vista Cruise Universal, Single Filter Ear Shave, Givi Monokey Sidebag Mounts, Givi E21 side bags, Knifemaker style turn signal relocation, helmet locks relocated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement